Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miminimalistic Practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miminimalistic Practice

Last night "in a fit of laziness" I decided to just take kick snare and hi-hat to practice. I forced me to concentrate on the groove of the stuff we were playing... and forced me to figure out on the fly how to do fills with nothing extra. Practice turned out better than I expected with new fill ideas.... does every one do this on occasion....?

TD-6 udated and some vEx kits..... working on converting an A kit to E...
    TD-6 Vexed... TD-12 vexed .... hard at work on an A to E conversion and pretty sure that will never end till i do.....lol

Well... this is certainly a very reasonable way to practice! Every beginning player should get taught this approach.
    I'm increasingly drawn by the simplicity to incorporate just the basics into my practice.

Not that I don't like huge tom-fills, but at the end of the day, it's not the 5% of playing fills all night, that get the job done, it's 95% basic, tight grooves!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Two or three toms should be enough tom notes for any situation, unless you are playing melodic patterns as an orchestral feature in a solo or something like that. Large arrays of toms are more for appearance than music. Terry Bozzio should try what markw10 did. His kit is full of redundant items.
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Always seeking a compact one-piece solution to electronic drumming.

Comment

Working...
      X