Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to setup FD-7 for open/half open/half close/close in TD-30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to setup FD-7 for open/half open/half close/close in TD-30?

Trying to setup FD-7 with my TD-30 with CY12 to use as hi-hat. Anyone has any tips? Thanks.

Hi tivi

I think the reason you have not got a response on this yet is that it should work fine - and what problem you are having is not entirely clear.

With my td-11 the FD-7 plugged straight in and works great open/closed/everything in between
    --
    West London, UK.
    TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

Another reason might be that it's all explained in the manual!

See page 128 and following on how to adjust hihat settings.
      The FD-8 setting is closest to your FD-7, so select this. For the correct pad-type, refer to the spreadsheet on page 126!

HTH
      Greetings from Switzerland,
      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I had a 30 module for a while and an FD-7 with it.

I found the physical screw on the FD-7 affected it a lot. Basically I adjusted the screw to get maximum travel,
          then calibrated it on the TD-30. My FD-7 came with a narrow travel on the screw adjust, which wasn't what I wanted,
          a little movement went from fully open to fully closed, which made it hard to control the hat.

I preferred the large pedal movement, which made it easier (but not all the way to easy) to get the slightly open sounds.

I didn't have the TD-30/fd-7 combo that long, if I had it longer I would have adjusted the FD-7 to match the travel of an acoustic.
          Last edited by kurth83; 02-27-14, 03:20 PM.
          Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
          Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
          Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

i like and used to FD-7 [beeen playing with this for a long time with TD10] now with TD-30 i guess i need to adjust that screw to accommodate the TD-30 .. i dont want to spend more than $500 for the new hats and stands [dont like hi-hat stand, because some area when i play live, the state so tiny ..

Comment

I read a recent thread on hat travel over at drummer world, the rule of thmb there is two fingers, or about an inch of travel.
              Although drummers being drummers there was a lot of variation on that theme.

That's about what all the Roland pedals give you when adjustedfor maxmum travel.
              Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
              Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
              Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Working...
              X