Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tool Fill Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoppy
    replied
    This looks like a pretty good break-down... if you're still working on this tune. Includes on-screen transcription.

Last edited by Hoppy; 02-08-15, 12:18 PM. Reason: Repaired link

Leave a comment:

• brighamcalvert
    replied
    Thanks for sharing good info.

Leave a comment:

• fastballer8
    replied
    Yes, the fill that starts right around 00:14 into the song.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy_D
    replied
    Are you talking about the fill right in the beginning?

Leave a comment:

• Kenster
    replied
    I watched the Meytal version....doesn't look like double strokes as much as it looks and sounds just like rolling around the toms. I think you might be making more out of it than it is. Just my 2 cents. If you think you're close you probably are!

K ;-)

Leave a comment:

• fastballer8
    started a topic Tool Fill Question

Tool Fill Question

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew the exact sticking to the opening fill in Tool's song Sober. This is the only Tool song that I would dare to play and I can sort of fumble my way thru what I think that fill sounds like, but I was just curious if anyone knew exactly how it's played. I've scoured youtube looking for videos but came up empty on exactly how to work out that fill. I've seen Meytal Cohen play it in the video below and I can see some double strokes going on with her left hand, but again it's all a bit of a blur to me. Any ideas out there? Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV7Vv7IrYhw

Lee
Working...
X