Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Kit Volume Reset Question, TDW-20, Vdrumlib

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit Volume Reset Question, TDW-20, Vdrumlib

I too am a new owner of the TDW-20 and have a question for you experts that have Vex kits and Vdrumlib.

After I imported my VEX kits (in the past I had boosted the kit volume of all of them to 125), the volume between the exp kits 1-50 is significantly different from my imported VEX kits. Is there any way to "reset" the kit volume on a selected number of kits (51-100) to a lower level? Kinda like a batch function, rather than do each one separately?

I do have vdrumlib too, if that is the answer.

Thanks.
    Dstar

No, there's no way to do that either on the module or with VDrumLib. (COPY, VOLUME on a TDW-20 only copies instrument mixer settings, not kit volume.) But it only takes a couple of seconds for each kit to increase the kit volumes.

I think the principle with kit volume is that ideally you would want to listen to each one briefly in order to be able to balance the overall volume between kits; "If differences in volume levels between kits is a problem, press [MIXER] - [F4 (KIT VOL)] and adjust “Kit Volume” (the overall kit volume)." (TD-20 manual, Page 83.) You can do this by leaving one of the preset drum patterns (P 1 - P 4) playing while you make adjustments to a group of kits.

Bruce
    Last edited by BarT; 01-04-09, 01:05 PM.

Comment

You can do the same thing with the master gain. I believe it's (can be through preferences) a global choice on the TDW. (I could be wrong about that... I'm not at the set this moment)

I agree that what Bruce offered is a better way to do it however. This ensures each kits is exactly the volume you need.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks guys, that is what I figured was necessary. I was just checking with the experts.

Dstar

Comment

Working...
        X