Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

td-6 club kit...snare rolls and buzz rolls. How I do this ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• td-6 club kit...snare rolls and buzz rolls. How I do this ?

Hi guys..Here I am again...
    Got a problem with my td-6. I have rubber pads on that and I can obtain very afordable songs of tons, bass drum and cymbals there, with the dynamics very aceptable, but the snare...
    Simply when I record my performances, the snare rolls and buzz rolls seems like machine gun, with each note played separetely.
    What's happenning ? Trigger advanced adjusts ? The machine capabilities ? I don't know...
    When I HEAR the performance on the headphones, seems very well, but after in tape...blargh!!!
    Please, if someone can help me, I appreciate too much...

NOW IT'S OK!!!
    Last edited by marcelpeart; 07-12-02, 01:53 PM.
    :D :cool:

1. Roland modules do show up the machine gun effect. Nevertheless much can be done by tweaking the trigger settings to your playing style.

2. Does the sequencer use a quantisize function as a result of which the played notes are re-grouped? Then turn it off
    Robert

Comment

Adjust the threshold, sensitivity and crosstalk settings. Keep playing with them until it goes away. It can be corrected by adjusting the settings.

Comment

Sorry, this is too good to pass up.

When I rear the performance on the headphones...
        If you don't want a machine gun effect, then try using a slower and smoother rearing technique. Your headphones will love you for it, however I can't speak from personal experience.
        Last edited by drewdrum; 07-12-02, 11:56 PM.
        - andy

Hart Dynamics ZigaPro Kit (6.4 w/ many extras)

Comment

Originally posted by drewdrum
          If you don't want a machine gun effect, then try using a slower and smoother technique.
          Uhh?? You just bought a racing car, but it doesn't ride that well. Technical problems. So now you need to drive much slower? Or: buy another racing car so that you still can race. Like you wanted...
          Robert

Comment

ok, ok, all of you joking me on that "REAR".
            Such things can be happens with all of you, you bastards. HE-HE-HE-HE !!!!

Comment

Hey puttenvr, do you think that Ddrum is more realistic as Roland V's, wich concerns on snare drum ? I've HEARD (now I think is god damn right!!!) the sounds in Clavia's site and that is for me a snare drum!!! Here in Brazil there's a dealer who'll starts to work with Clavia products soon. I'm really interested to buy a Ddrum kit, in addiction to my TD-6 kit, and I see that you uses Ddrum. Please, give me your comments about it.

Comment

Originally posted by marcelpeart
                Hey puttenvr, do you think that Ddrum is more realistic as Roland V's, ... Please, give me your comments about it.

Oh noooooooooo! Spare us, Please !!!

Tell the truth marcelpeart. Did Putt put you up to posting these questions? Be honest.

If not, you should spend a little more time reading old posts before asking such questions!
                Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

BE PATIENCE WITH THIS POOR DRUMMER, GUYS!!!
                  this is the question, I'm recording on a tape by the outputs of the machine, and the results are in this border here...So, forget about it and let's roll....

Comment

Well Gentlemen, let me clarify some points here:

1 - I have a Td-6 module
                    2 - I'm using a PD-6 rubber single pad for my snare (it's the only I have at moment!!)
                    3 - I'm recording direct the outputs by a cassete recorder.
                    4 - I simply choose a kit, sit down and play.
                    5 - As I work all day long, only got 2 or 3 nights a week to spend on my e-drum kit.
                    6 - Over 20 years I've been playing acoustic drums, and you might consider that it's not 20 days...
                    7 - You don't expect that I'll be an "expert" on such "electronic things" in six months of discontinuous playing.

As you see, I don't know nothing (YET!!!) about electronic drums and MIDI, I'm in kindergarten!!!!! All help that you could give to me will be a bless...

Thanks guys!!!

P.S.: Forget about Dd
                    Last edited by marcelpeart; 07-12-02, 01:47 PM.

Comment

YEAH, you're thinking I'm a lazy man...

Comment

" in six months of discontinuous playing. "

good one!
                        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

enjoy that ?

Well, playing two or three nights a week, what do you want ?
                          Last edited by marcelpeart; 07-19-02, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by marcelpeart
                            Hey puttenvr, do you think that Ddrum is more realistic as Roland V's, wich concerns on snare drum ?

I am not the right person to answer this question since I always played (and still play) an acoustic snare drum. Be it with a ddrum trigger. But still acoustic.

Just ask some people at www.ddrums.com and (above all) test the snare drums yourself and see what you like.
                            Robert

Comment

Well, Chris, let's see this. I'll try only next week, cause I'm going to a trip this weekend. But thanks a lot for it...
                              Sorry the stupid question, but, you say that record my performance on a pad without the module, this means plays only a pad and record it with a microphone to hear my dynamics (the sound that comes out, as a practice pad) ?
                              I'm very shamed to make this questions, but as I said before, I'm in the kindergarten!!!

p.s.: I've always be against electronic drum machines, I'm from the times that you recorded drums with pieces of clothes to muffle them...

Comment

Working...
                              X