Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

2 KD-120s on the same trigger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 KD-120s on the same trigger?

Just wondering if I can trigger the Bass input on a TD-10 from two separate KD-120's?

I am currently running the second Bass into the Aux2 trigger input. My kit is expanding rapidly (my checkbook is getting lighter!) and I only have 1 TD-10. Since everything uses stereo cabling, could I use a "Y" splitter on the Bass trigger, and run the 2 cables to the separate KD-120's? Just curious ...

Thanks - TL
    Roland: 8-pc Purple V-Session Set, JV-880 Synth, TD-10; Mackie: 32*8 Mixer; Alesis: QS-8, Quadraverb, ADAT(2); Peavey: CS-1000, CS-800, V4X Active Crossover(2), EQ-231 31-band EQ(2), SP-115M Monitors; JBL: SR4719X dual 18" Subs; Ibanez: RG-450 6-string; Rocktron: Pirahna Pre-Amp / Effects

Re: 2 KD-120s on the same trigger?

I have kd-7's but it should be the same. You have 2 inputs on the kick. One is the mix in and one is output. Run the first cable from the module to the output on the first kick. Run another cable from the mix in input on the first kick and put it in the output on the 2nd kick. The computer term would be a daisy chain. That would let the one base trigger contol in the module run both kicks. You won't be able to use different sounds on the kick, but I don't think you want to anyway. That would free up a module input.

Comment

I know I'm not crazy ...

I thought I was going crazy, because I couldn't remember for the life of me if the KD-120 had two 1/4" jacks or not. I was almost sure there was just one.

As for the "Y" splitter - will this hurt the trigger input? Any concern for mismatched impedance, triggering abnormalities, etc. due to the "double" load? I just bought the TD-10, and I really don't want to burn it up just yet!

Thanks - TL
      Roland: 8-pc Purple V-Session Set, JV-880 Synth, TD-10; Mackie: 32*8 Mixer; Alesis: QS-8, Quadraverb, ADAT(2); Peavey: CS-1000, CS-800, V4X Active Crossover(2), EQ-231 31-band EQ(2), SP-115M Monitors; JBL: SR4719X dual 18" Subs; Ibanez: RG-450 6-string; Rocktron: Pirahna Pre-Amp / Effects

Comment

Re: I know I'm not crazy ...

Wow, sorry, as I said in the post I didn't have the kd-120's but since they are more expensive than the kd-7, I thought the wiring would be the same or better. I'm very surprised that it has only 1 place for a cable and not 2.

Comment

"Y" Splitter it is ...

It sounds like I need to shell out the $$ and get myself a "Y" splitter ...

Comment

Iíve been playing Roland e-drums for years and just made the transition to V-drums (session kit) recently. Iíve always played with 2 hi-hats and I was able to do this with one Hi-hat pedal. I connected the 2 PD-5 pads with a Y adaptor and then into the TD-7 Module. I have the same configuration on the V-drum with 2 CY-12H pads and it works great. Iíve never had a problem with the td-7 and I donít have one with the TD7. I agree with Ďfeeferí in there previous posting that piezos pose next to negligible risk in causing power spike, the voltage and the current are generally measured in the microns.

Kind regards
            X

Comment

Working...
            X