Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

need source !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need source !

I am building a set out of a remo practice pad rack set, I need a source for 1/2 " foam rubber (not new foam).

Try fabric shops or hobbie craft shops, they sell the 1/2" foam on big rolls and you can cut out round shape with scissors. I found some for my cases at Jo Ann Fabrics. Plus they had a lot of odd pieces they sold me real cheap.

Comment

I have built a few of those kits... An easy way to work with it is to build your collector plate (aluminum disk, or even a coffee can bottom), and use foam weather stripping for the bottom, making a shelf around the plate...then set the plate into the pad housing weather strip side down....(this creates a void for the piezo and assures it does not rest on the bottom of the housing which would cause maddening cross talk)...then set the original foam on top of the plate...put the head back on...play. That is honestly about as high-tech as any pad out there...

You can now even get mesh heads for the remo pads - made by Hart Dynamics... much more quiet than the mylars....

Erik

[This message has been edited by sepdrums (edited May 28, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
      X