Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

inbetween hi-hat sounds (again)!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inbetween hi-hat sounds (again)!!!

Hi all there!! Here I go, hookie in the (V)drummer collective.
    I have a TD-6 VClub Set and got to know how configure the range of "in between" sounds of the hi-hat in the TD-6 module and FD-6 pedal (not FD-7)
    Sorry for my stupid question (I guess), but I'm new in e-drums and was very confortable at a-drums, but living in an apartment, you know...
    Please, help an brazilian e-drummer just entered at V collective...

------------------
    TD-6 VClub Set
    :D :cool:

Marcel,

I think the reason that you are not getting a response to your question is that it appears that you have not even attempted to read the manual for your TD-6. Do you have a manual, and have you read it? If the answer is yes, and you still don't know the answer to your question, I will go home tonight and get out my TD-6 manual, read it, and try to help you.

PS. I think you are limited to open and closed sounds for the hi-hat, but without checking my manual, I can't say for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagman:
      Marcel,

I think the reason that you are not getting a response to your question is that it appears that you have not even attempted to read the manual for your TD-6. Do you have a manual, and have you read it? If the answer is yes, and you still don't know the answer to your question, I will go home tonight and get out my TD-6 manual, read it, and try to help you.

PS. I think you are limited to open and closed sounds for the hi-hat, but without checking my manual, I can't say for sure.

Hello Bagman and thanks for your help. Really, I've been reading the manual and until this point I don't find anything about the sounds in between of hi-hat. The only explanation is about foot down, you have closed sound, foot up and etc...Reading the Section Tips & Tricks I thought could find something to help me, and also in the other sections , but only refers to TD-8 and TD-10 machines. You think that the switch key home build by beatnick (user btnkbndt) works properly for this purpose ? Thanks

Comment

OK, I went home, checked my TD-6 manual and hooked up my TD-6 to see if i could get "in-between" hi-hat sounds. It looks to me like you are limited to those sounds that are produced when the pedal is in the closed position and the open position, although you can quickly pop the pedal down and let up immediately to get sort of a "ching" sound. If what you are looking for is some sort of graduated sounds as you move the pedal up and down, similar to an accoustic hi-hat as you gradually reduce or increase the foot pressure on the pedal, I don't think it's possible. You can assign different sounds to the rim and bow of your hi-hat pad, and that might give you some of the effect you are looking for, but otherwise, you basically get a closed sound and an open sound. You can of course assign virtually any sound you like to the hi-hat when it is in its open position. Maybe you should play around with that to see if you can get an open sound that is closer to what you like on your accoustic hi-hat. Hope this helps.

I know nothing about custom or home made triggers, and really don't even want to read about them, let alone speculate on what they might do.

Comment

In the event you are still looking for an answer to the FD-6 question:

The FD-6 is an on/off pedal. You will need to buy an FD-7 in order to get the in-between sounds. I use one on my TD-6 and it works great!

Slash
          I think, therefore I am....or at least I think I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Slash Crazy:
            In the event you are still looking for an answer to the FD-6 question:

The FD-6 is an on/off pedal. You will need to buy an FD-7 in order to get the in-between sounds. I use one on my TD-6 and it works great!

Slash
            Many thanks Slash. I really expected that the FD-7 will works better than FD-6. I've tried many different adjustments, but with the same results. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Sorry guys, but I have to disagree. I have a V-Club, and I just sat down and ran through some of the hi-hats on the kit. With the FD-6 pedal on a PD6 pad, there is a definite, gradual variation in sound between fully closed and fully opened. The changes in sound simulate a real hi-hat, becoming more and more open as you release the pedal. I think it's more sensitive, and has less range, than an analog hi-hat, but it does perform the same in terms of the sound.

------------------
              V-Club, Tama Artstar II, and even an old Yamaha PTX!

Comment

Originally posted by Rythmstik:
                Sorry guys, but I have to disagree. I have a V-Club, and I just sat down and ran through some of the hi-hats on the kit. With the FD-6 pedal on a PD6 pad, there is a definite, gradual variation in sound between fully closed and fully opened. The changes in sound simulate a real hi-hat, becoming more and more open as you release the pedal. I think it's more sensitive, and has less range, than an analog hi-hat, but it does perform the same in terms of the sound.

Hey Rythmstick !! What type of hi-hat sound you used and what kind of adjusts you do in that thing???? I've been cracked out my mind and nothing!!! Please, give the milk to the baby!!!

Comment

I used several different hi-hats, most recently #571 lite. With the pedal all the way down i get the "chick" sound, then, if I let off the pedal just a little, I get more of an open sound, but not full open. Let up a little more and it's more open, and finally I get the full open sound. I haven't made any changes to the hi-hat parameters. I have adjusted the FD-6 pedal, using the set screw, to full open. I tried this out, again last night, and there is more than just full-open and full-closed with most of the samples I used. The range of travel on the pedal is extremely narrow to accomplish this, but I'm getting used to it, and have been successful playing out using it.

------------------
                  V-Club, Tama Artstar II, and even an old Yamaha PTX!

Comment

Thanks Rythmstik, I will try this at night and let's see the results. Thanks a lot.

Comment

So, how'd it go?

------------------

Comment

Yeah man, really works, but is a very short range. Maybe when I get a new TD-8 with a FD-7 hi-hat pedal...

Comment

quick follow-up

Originally posted by Bagman
                          OK, I went home, checked my TD-6 manual and hooked up my TD-6 to see if i could get "in-between" hi-hat sounds. It looks to me like you are limited to those sounds that are produced when the pedal is in the closed position and the open position, although you can quickly pop the pedal down and let up immediately to get sort of a "ching" sound. If what you are looking for is some sort of graduated sounds as you move the pedal up and down, similar to an accoustic hi-hat as you gradually reduce or increase the foot pressure on the pedal, I don't think it's possible. You can assign different sounds to the rim and bow of your hi-hat pad, and that might give you some of the effect you are looking for, but otherwise, you basically get a closed sound and an open sound. You can of course assign virtually any sound you like to the hi-hat when it is in its open position. Maybe you should play around with that to see if you can get an open sound that is closer to what you like on your accoustic hi-hat. Hope this helps.

I know nothing about custom or home made triggers, and really don't even want to read about them, let alone speculate on what they might do.

I'm also having a little trouble getting used to having the hi-hat sound vary within such a small range of the pedal's movement. Do you think this favors using heel-down playing for possibly better control? I'm new enough to this that I could still learn either style. Any advice is appreciated. -Max

Comment

Yeah, I'm a heel down player on the HH, and that probably has something to do with my comfort level with the V-Club HH.

Comment

Feefer, that makes sense. I'm going to take a closer look at that over this (4 Day! woot!) Independece Day weekend and see if I can telll. Seems to me like the sound is somewhat different, though, as if there were a 3rd sound being played in between full open and closed. The effect is the same, I think. It plays like a real HH, the pedal just has a more narrow range than usual.

Comment

Working...
                              X