Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD-80 with too much bounce?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-80 with too much bounce?

Hi all, I just recieved my V-custom set and going through the manual at a steady pace. I was wondering how others tune or adjust there Bass drum or KD-80 to prevent to much bounce to them. I have tune this head the same as the others and I get to much bounce in the head making it feel unlike t a real head. Any comments?

I had to take some of the tension out of my bass pedal and I messed with the trigger setting so the rebounds were not sounding. There is really no good way to stop it from being to bouncy, it is something you will get use to. Some people have used a felt beater but I found that it was not that great with the mesh heads.(the felt wears off into the mesh, that is why the manual says hard beaters only)

------------------
    Ted H.
    www.tocsinrocks.com
    Ted H.

Comment

Buy a KD-7. Those babies don't have too much bounce!
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

I'm wondering if a "flam pad" would be effective on the mesh head to flatten the bounce. Has anyone tried this?

Comment

Huh? Manual says,"hard beaters only"?
          Hey 777, U mean the manual is to be read?
          Real men don't read manuals! JK

Stixx is right though, the felt does wear into the mesh. I have never used the hard beater, so I couldn't tell you the differences between the two. It is something that you have to get use to. My brother plays Adrums, and he has a hard time getting his footwork down on my set. I changed my foot style on the peddle, I play heel down now, and it really helped the double dipping problem.
          GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Working...
          X