Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need some help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help!

okay I have a gig tomorrow and im going to use my v-drums playing out for the first time. Now i have had the v-drums for awhile and i have used them in my studio but i have never played out at a gig with them do you guys have any tips about how i should set them up not the drums but the direct outputs and levels ,I'm not using and amp so i'm kinda stuck on this.

How are you ampíing the Vís is it through the PA (front of house) and then a fold-back (monitor) for you to hear?

If so who is setting up the PA, is it a PA engineer? If so talk to him ask his advice. He should go for using all the outputs. Also mention to him effects does he want to use the effects from the V module or add them him/herself.

I tend to use the vís sound effects for small gigs but switch them off for larger PA gigs. Also tent to use all of the outputs on the TD10 snare, bass, toms *2 , cymbals *2 hihat,

When you are wired, get the module to play one of the pre-set patterns with the kit you are going to use, and listen to the sound and talk to the engineer. If others are around start the sound check on a low volume and wind it up when you start to get happy with it.

The last bit of advice is get there early , if this you first time setting up the vís for a live gig, give yourself time to get the sound right.

David

Ps Welcome aboard

[This message has been edited by Daveb (edited March 02, 2002).]

Comment

Yes, Exactlly that, house Pa with a monitor for me. and I do plan on getting there early
      Theres one thing I was thinking of and thats the outputs should I have the kick,snare and hi-hat going though the same monitors and have the toms pan off from right to left and have the crashes going though other speakers? I think I might bring my acoustic for a back up.

Comment

Theres one thing I was thinking of and thats the outputs should I have the kick,snare and hi-hat going though the same monitors and have the toms pan off from right to left and have the crashes going though other speakers? I think I might bring my acoustic for a back up. [/B]

I would tend to have all of the mix I want through the monitor. But the monitor needs to be able to give me a good sound. I sometimes use two JBL G2's for monitoring my v's then add a bit of bass and vox.

All this is about your preference and there is most probably a lot already discussed in this forum. Try using the excellent search engine to see how other people are setting up

David

Comment

Some helpful tips for the V-Custom. Get the larger snare and use a snare stand rather than the rack mount. Case: use a Golf-style clam-shell SKB. The larger size is only about 130 bucks and holds all the pads including kick beautifully. I have flown all over, 150 gigs a year, and not a scratch yet. Use foam as separators. (yes, go to the golf-store for the case or the music store will charge you double.)
          Even the goons at the airport baggage handling can't destroy this thing.

------------------
          Smokey50
          Smokey50

Comment

Anti Logic, how did the first gig go?
            Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
            X