Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Rotating Pads...Snare & Toms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating Pads...Snare & Toms

Guyz & Dolls...

MESH PADS:
    I rotate my PD-120 snare pad with my PD-120 floor toms on a regular basis. (I would also recommend this for those using the PD-80 pads too). Here's why: The cones in the mesh pads will deteriorate over time and need replacement.

RUBBER PADS:
    As for those who use PD-7's or PD-9's for toms, cymbals or hi hat, rotating these pads would be benefical too. If you don't, you may be finding yourself replacing the triggers more often!

Think about it...how many times a night do you hitt your snare drum versus your floor toms??? Or, in the case of the rubber pads, how often (and how hard...) do you hitt the PD-7/PD-9 cymbals, hi hats and toms?

I know the cones and triggers are not that expensive and are relatively easy to replace. However, it still takes TIME and MONEY to make it happen...

This is just a good 'common sense' approach!!! (IMHO)

I heard new trigger cones cost 7 euro. I wonder how much money it would cost to replace all the mounting hardware for a pad when it's worn out.

------------------
    http://mpcman.flappie.nl
    Music was my first love...

Comment

Working...
    X