Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

"That special snare sound"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That special snare sound"

My fellow band members would like to play some prom and graduation parties/dances in the spring and are wanting to start practicing soon after Christmas. Many of the "bubblegum tunes" that they want to work up require a snare effect that sounds like a combo of a dance snare and a "duck quack" (best way I know how to describe it). If you know how to make that special sound, let me know. If you haven't heard that sound, consider yourself lucky. I play a TD-8.
    I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

That's pretty funny. Well, I guess if they were looking for a dog bark or a bird chirp instead of a duck quack you'd be in business. Damn that TD-8! ......
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

Hi Clymore

I think I can help you in your quest for what ..." sounds like a combo of a dance snare and a "duck quack" .

I know this sound! To get it, use a sampler, and record my voice at the moment of orgasm.

You will probably want to "fatten up the sound", so lots of compression and low end EQ will be needed. Don't even talk about the need for adding delay, OK? I've heard it a thousand times already.

Hopefully, the next recording opportunity is June of 2002. In any case, I remain here at your cervix, er service.
      Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Bwwwaaaahhh!

Comment

Hey, did somebody step on a duck?

Comment

I think Britney Spears and the Backstreet Boys both use this sound for a snare extensively (to the point of excessively), whatever the sound is. In the case of the aforementioned artist/group, it might actually be a "queef" instead of a quack or orgasmic moan.

Do ducks quack when they have an orgasm? This might solve the whole mystery!!!
            I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Working...
            X