Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

New TD-6 Purchaser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New TD-6 Purchaser

Hey I am new user. I am trying to understand how to record an entire song, any help???
    For some reason all I can record is the drum sounds and not the accompaniment?

Welcome aboard Mr Christian.
    I would like to be the first to answer your question but I feel that you have been a little bit too vague for us to actually figure out what you are trying to do.

Are you trying to record onto the onboard sequencer (I assume a TD-6)? Or are you attempting to record from your TD-6 to another device.

What accompaniment is it you are trying to record, is it set up via MIDI, or are you trying to record a CD onto your module (impossible).

If you can fill in the blanks a little bit, there will be plenty of chaps around who can help you!
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

...or are you trying to create a new pattern with the accompaniment from an existing pattern?
      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply. Actually what I would like to do is use one of the TD-6 system songs and just re-record it with my own drum part. Basically I want to be able to play back the song with me playing to hear how I sound. Again right now the TD-6 only allows me to record my drum part on the user songs, but not with any of the accompanying instruments. Since I am in an apartment, I don't have an acoustic set. However, I must say the V-Drums make me sound like a superstar ready to perform at a Modern Drums clinic. I guess I want to make sure I'm not being deceived by this superb system. On the other hand if I am, that's still fine too. Thanks!

Comment

Basically I want to be able to play back the song with me playing to hear how I sound.
          Well, if all you are looking for is that... I'd just plug the audio out into a tape deck or a computer or something, and then played it back as a audio.

I just got a V-Club with a TD-6 too, and I am extremely happy with it as well. Heck, I've been playing drums for a week and I already sound like a pro... ...After I quantize my mistakes a little bit on the computer...and fix up all the fills with the mouse.
          I sold all my V-drums!!! I can bet you this is only temporary, though.

Comment

Working...
          X