Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Cleaning your Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning your Kit

Hey I have a TD-6 kit and I've heard that the best way to clean and preserve it is to use ArmorAll. I tried it and it works great! Anybody have any other tips?

Yes. Never use Armor-All. Once applied, your stuck with it for life.

---

Comment

I will agree here. Armor all will make a mess of things. It will always be there. Just use a lightly damn cloth. I would try to wipe off as much of the Armor all as you can. Just my .02
      :rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
        I will agree here. Armor all will make a mess of things. It will always be there. Just use a lightly damn cloth. I would try to wipe off as much of the Armor all as you can. Just my .02
        I used that on my car bumpers and trim years ago. It did an outstanding job at first. Then I noticed it would turn milky white and I was forced to constantly use it to restore it. That ever happen to anyone else?
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jgel:
          Just use a lightly damn cloth.
          Huh?

Comment

Ah ha!! Finally an area where I am an expert!
            ArmorAll is a petroleum based product and will do three things:
            1. It will leave an 'oily' residue on everything it touches.
            2. It will suck out any water that may be keeping trim supple.
            3. It will make you use it (as already pointed out), for the rest of your life. Almost addictive, like a drug.

If you speak to anyone worth their weight in the Automotive market they will tell you to steer clear of this killer.

ArmorAll can be cleaned away by using a cloth wetted with Methylated Spirits. Simple wipe on, wipe off procedure.

If you want to use a similar product (a much better product) then use the water based 303. This doesn't have any of the adverse effects of ArmorAll although it is considerably more expensive!
            Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Working...
            X