Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PD-120 (Snare) mounting brackets....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-120 (Snare) mounting brackets....

Hi All,

Has anyone taken off the mounting bracket of a PD-120 when you're using it as a snare? I want to switch from having my snare mounted on my rack to using a snare stand and I'd like to get that mounting bracket out of the way to improve the looks and balance of the drum.

Just curious if anyone's done it. It doesn't look like it should negatively affect the pad in any way.

Thanks,

KRG

That was one of the first things I did. The drum is more stable in the snare stand and it looks a whole lot better. There is no relation to triggering and the mounting bracket.

Comment

Thanks for the input spaceman. I'm just getting into e-drums and triggering and your input helps. I didn't think that taking the mount off would affect triggering but I just wanted to be sure.

Thanks again.

KRG

Comment

I also took the bracket off. The gold washers are kind of cool-looking, so I put the original mounting screws back in just to fill the holes. Looks great, and have more room to re-position the snare.

Comment

I just did mine.

------------------
          Jeff, using...
          td 8,PD-120,
          pintech pads,gibraltor rack, JBL G2 EON 15 AND Mackie srs-1500, BBE 462 yamaha maple customs, remo jazz kit, buttloads of cymbals... 96 Tahoe,leather.
          The original Gig Pig.

Comment

If any of you that have removed these have the black mounting brackets, let me know if you'd be willing to part with them.

Comment

I took mine off and bolted a midget onto it instead. Always ready to go!
              Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Steveo,
                I hold the patent on midgets.
                The Harry Fox agency will be in touch with you.
                Thanks for the swimming pool.
                Jeff
                The original Gig Pig.

Comment

Working...
                X