Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New techniques available with V-Drums . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drumlogic
    replied
    when talking about new techniques, you should definitely consider the technique pioneered by feefer called shack adapting. it only costs $1.99 and allows you to have velocity switching on a single pad. Check it out.

-drumlogic

Leave a comment:

• Steveo the Devo
    replied
    Oz, I have also found you can do this with the PD-9's (probably PD-7's as well though I haven't tried it yet). It takes a little more practice and the stick must be pressed into the rim for long enough not to trigger the rim sound. All good fun. Great topic!

Leave a comment:

• Oz DrumR
    started a topic New techniques available with V-Drums . . .

New techniques available with V-Drums . . .

There's been much talk about traditional or acoustic techniques that cannot be performed on V-drums: I just wondered what techniques you guys have developed with the V-drums, that perhaps can't be taken back to the Acoustics?

I've found for example it's possible with the new CY-6 to choke either the pad or rim sound using the stick alone . . . no need to grab!

It's easy - and 100% reliable. Just strike the CY-6 (rim or pad), and on the follow through, just hold the stick against the pad for a fraction of a second . . . (so you're pressing against the rim trigger).

With a little practice (4 or 5 goes) - this can be done in a single fluid movement, and you can very effectively choke either of the sounds (rim or pad) with the stick on the same stroke as the hit. I like these CY-6's

When I stumbled accross this last night it made me wonder whether any of you guys had little techniques that you'd developed with the V's?
Working...
X