Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to achieve the "And Justice For All" Kick Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to achieve the "And Justice For All" Kick Drum

If this isn't the right thread to post this in I apologize. I have a Roland TD-9s and I'm trying to get my kick drum to sound like the one on Metallica's "And Justice For All" Album. If anyone has any tweaking or adjustment tips they would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
    Last edited by XbambamX; 05-26-08, 07:36 PM.
    Where am I?

Wow... i got it on the TD-20 in one of the TOP50 VEX packs from www.vexpressionsltd.com, but i'm not sure if it's available on the 9 yet. I guess not. On the 20 it's a big whack for sure
    TD-20 brain, TDW-20 expanded! MDS-20BK, 3x PD125, 2x PD105, 3x CY-14C, CY-15R, CY-12R/C, Hart ECII-10B, VH-11, KD-120, Tama IronCobra Rolling Glides and pearl hardware.
    Loving it every second..

Comment

Have you tried taping a quarter to the head of the KD8 pad? This used to work great on my Tama Swingstar set.

Comment

Off the subject, in response to the quarter on the bass drum, Danmar makes some metal "Impact" pads that work great for this.

He is obviously looking to achieve the sound on a TD module.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...9&src=3SOSWXXA
        With headphones on, I'm in E-drumming heaven. When I take them off, I'm in rimshot hell.

Comment

Have you tried a highpass filter?

Comment

Working...
          X