Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Absolutely Nothing to do w/ Vdrums - RECORDING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Absolutely Nothing to do w/ Vdrums - RECORDING

You regular visitors here seem to have a grasp on these types of things. I am new to the whole studio thing. I have access to a studio recording whatever I want. For you "engineers/producers" out there:
    I want to put the sound of rain and a thunderstorm behind one of my songs. Suggestions please. Thanks.

There's any number of sound effects CDs out there that you can readily purchase at record stores (Wherehouse, Sam Goody, etc.). In addition, there's plenty of sound effects sites on the Internet--just surf around and see if there's any out there that sound good to you. I prefer the CDs myself (the Bainbridge stuff is really good), because I find I get better results using them for ripped first-generation .wav files as opposed to grabbing some of the clipped and poorly-recorded stuff on the SFX sites I've found. If someone can recommend some good sites of this nature, I'd sure appreciate it.

Lastly, they sound kind of cheesy, but there are thunder and rain sounds on the TD-8 (don't know about the TD-10).....

[This message has been edited by Mick Wade (edited June 21, 2001).]
    TD-30 / SPD-SX

Comment

WHY NOT SET THESE SOUNDS UP AS A SEQUENCED LOOP?? THE PROBLEM IS IS YOU WOULD CONSISTANLY HAVE TO HIT THAT TRIGGER?? iD SAY FIND A LOOPED TRACK SOME WHERE----
      IF YOU DO SET THIS UP AS A SEQUENCED LOOP ON A TRIGGER LET US KNOW HOW IT WENT---

Comment

Working...
      X