Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland Trigger Foam Substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Trigger Foam Substitute?

The local music store here in Halifax is selling the Roland trigger foam pieces for $20 a piece.

Initially I was going to convert my Pintech Concert Kick Mesh headed pad to be a little more like the Roland but the $20 plus taxes price tag per foamie changed my mind.

Well I looked around the hobby shops for this foam just in case a substitute popped up when a kind lady suggested this cosmetic sponge/applicator.

She sent me to the cosmetic counter looking for items called Blending Sponge Wedges.

Ya know, them little triangles women use to put that makeup on the faces with.

$5 later I had 32 of them. I figure you have to hot glue two of them together to get a good contact.

I will keep you DIY'ers posted once I have glued a few of them to my Pintech as an experiment.

Have a good one!

Kelly Mercer
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Canada

My Youtube Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
    http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

I tried another foam when I was fiddling with a rototom conversion. It was a 'miracle sponge' or something like that, sold in a hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes). It's more of a fairly dense foam than a sponge. I cut a cone out of it using scissors, and it did work quite well. But then I decided I didn't like the look (as a snare with my Customs) and wanted to keep my rototoms with my acoustics. $^)

Comment

Strange. Here in Norway I bought 4 rubber cones direct from Roland Scandinavia for $3 apiece. Maybe you should check directly with Roland?

Comment

Hey vandel
        Do you have a web address I can order them from. I can't seem to find the cones anywhere.

Z

Comment

Hi

I called Roland here in Norway, www.roland.no , and they sent them to me. The cones weren`t listed on their webpage, so I had to call and ask if they sold them separately, wich they did. I don`t know if they will ship to the US though. You would probebly have to call Roland`s US dept. www.rolandus.com

vandal

Comment

Working...
          X