Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Trigger Foam Substitute?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Trigger Foam Substitute?

The local music store here in Halifax is selling the Roland trigger foam pieces for $20 a piece.

Initially I was going to convert my Pintech Concert Kick Mesh headed pad to be a little more like the Roland but the $20 plus taxes price tag per foamie changed my mind.

Well I looked around the hobby shops for this foam just in case a substitute popped up when a kind lady suggested this cosmetic sponge/applicator.

She sent me to the cosmetic counter looking for items called Blending Sponge Wedges.

Ya know, them little triangles women use to put that makeup on the faces with.

$5 later I had 32 of them. I figure you have to hot glue two of them together to get a good contact.

I will keep you DIY'ers posted once I have glued a few of them to my Pintech as an experiment.

Have a good one!

Kelly Mercer
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Canada

My Youtube Channel!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/VirtualMP3Studio

My "home studio" webcam!
    http://virtualmp3studio.ww.com/

I tried another foam when I was fiddling with a rototom conversion. It was a 'miracle sponge' or something like that, sold in a hardware store (Home Depot, Lowes). It's more of a fairly dense foam than a sponge. I cut a cone out of it using scissors, and it did work quite well. But then I decided I didn't like the look (as a snare with my Customs) and wanted to keep my rototoms with my acoustics. $^)

Comment

Strange. Here in Norway I bought 4 rubber cones direct from Roland Scandinavia for $3 apiece. Maybe you should check directly with Roland?

Comment

Hey vandel
        Do you have a web address I can order them from. I can't seem to find the cones anywhere.

Z

Comment

Hi

I called Roland here in Norway, www.roland.no , and they sent them to me. The cones weren`t listed on their webpage, so I had to call and ask if they sold them separately, wich they did. I don`t know if they will ship to the US though. You would probebly have to call Roland`s US dept. www.rolandus.com

vandal

Comment

Working...
          X