Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Roland patent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland patent

Hey,

I figured this might be interesting for the DIY forum. Its a link to Roland's patent. Very wordy with lawyer-speak, but it has a great description and figures on how positional sensing works.
    http://164.195.100.11/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-bool.html&r=1&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=curr&s1=roland&s2 ='electronic+drum'&OS=roland+AND+

Strange when this is about positional sensing. Both Simmons (SDX) and Ddrum had pos sens long before Roland had
    Robert

Comment

Originally posted by puttenvr:
      Strange when this is about positional sensing. Both Simmons (SDX) and Ddrum had pos sens long before Roland had
      What's so strange? You cannot patent performance, only the mechanics behind it.

Patent On,
      -Marc.

Comment

Okay I patent Marc. (with a period)
        Robert

Comment

Dont Know how Ddrum do it but Simmons used A zoned FSR and not frequency change to give positional detection.

Ken.

Comment

Had some trouble with the above URL, so I thought I'd post in the patent numbers, in case anyone else has the same difficulties. Just use the 'Patent number searching' link at www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

Here are the numbers:
            6121538 - "Electronic percussion instrumental system and percussion detecting apparatus therein"
            5920026 - "Electronic percussion instrument with a net-like material to minimize noise"

Hope that helps!

John

------------------
            Just take out the R_E_M_O_V_E. in my email address to mail me.
            --------------------
            Never moon a werewolf, it will bite you in the end.
            Just take out the R_E_M_O_V_E. in my email address to mail me.

Comment

It's the process that's patented, see, "The Spanish Prisoner" great movie.
              Drumkat Turbo 4.5, Emulator X3, Superior 2.1, Roland Fantom XR, DTXtreme III, SPD-20 etc.......

Comment

Working...
              X