Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

PD-120 and TD-8 Module

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PD-120 and TD-8 Module

I have a V-Custom set, but I want to get a 12" PD-120. I noticed that PD-120 has dual triggers. Can I combine the inputs into the Snare input of the TD-8 module and still get the rim and drum triggering?

Thanks in advance for your help
    [email protected]

Yep, I use a PD-120 as my snare pad and I have a TD-8. Works great. Not sure what you mean by combine. If you are only plugging the pd-120 into the snare input, no problem.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I mean combine, since there are two(2) outputs on the PD-120, one for the rim trigger and one for the snare trigger, do you just take the outputs run them into a "Y" cable which should combine into one and then plug it into the Snare input on the TD-8 module. I noticed that the TD-8 only has one(1) snare. It doesn't have a separate rim and snare input is that what you do?

Comment

Nope, PD-120s have only one plug connector for both pad and rim. It's a stereo connector so you need to use a stereo lead.

Comment

If you change out your PD80R for a PD120, don't forget to go into the trigger bank of the TD-8 and change trigger #3 from 8RA to 12A.

Comment

Working...
          X