Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drum Lessons - Cheap and Easy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum Lessons - Cheap and Easy

At my age, it is refreshing to get new ideas and youtube helps a ton. I stumbled on this guys page - http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=drumteacher76 and he is awesome. Not only as a player, but is a genuine nice guy and great teacher. I just wanted to let people know that he just started doing online LIVE lessons that are really pretty darn cool and innovative (at least I think so). You can go to www.mikeslessons.com and there is a host of about 70 short vids you can buy or you can sign up for these online LIVE lessons. Its like $19.95 a month and 2 lessons a week - each lesson is done 4 times. So Monday and Wednesdays are lesson days and you can tune in any of 4 times or all 4. You log in and there is a chat screen on one side of the monitor and Mike is usually on chatting before he starts, then his 'assistant' takes over as he sits down at the kit (which you can see on the other side of the monitor). Before each lesson, you get an email with links to the PDF of the lesson notation and it is put together well. Each lesson has about 5 exercises slowly puting it altogether. Each Exercise has 2 .mp3 files - a slow and then a fast tempo. At the end of the 20 minute lesson, you can ask questions and the assistant will ask him and he will answer live - totally cool. I asked a question and he actually spent the first 5 minutes of the second session on explaining and demonstrating it.

Anyway, not sure if it is the place or whatever, but wanting you to know that I signed up and basically...even though its not really one-on-one, for $2.50 a lesson, PDF files and MP3's - a killer deal that you may want to check out. Check out his youtube stuff first and see what you think.

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing the info.

Bruce

Comment

Yeah, I've seen a few of his videos on Youtube and really like him. I want to sign up for lessons but I wouldn't be able to watch live since I work evenings.

Comment

I've seen his videos before too....he is an AWESOME drummer.

Comment

I forgot about this one....love this lesson, my fav of his:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIAveyGz_eg

Comment

Innovative concept! Isn't the Internet amazing?

Comment

Wish I'd had all this technology 45 - 50 years ago. All you had back then was your ears.

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
                Wish I'd had all this technology 45 - 50 years ago. All you had back then was your ears.
                no one had this technology back then??? Do you not have a computer now? I don't get your point....

Comment

Originally posted by oldmandrummer View Post
                  no one had this technology back then???
                  Correct.

Do you not have a computer now?
                  Seems likely for someone posting here.

I don't get your point....
                  It seemed simple and straightforward to me: He wished lessons with mp3's of exercises at various tempos etc. had been available when he started learning a long time ago.

Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by BarT View Post
                    Correct.

Seems likely for someone posting here.

It seemed simple and straightforward to me: He wished lessons with mp3's of exercises at various tempos etc. had been available when he started learning a long time ago.

Bruce
                    Right and so do we all - it sounded to me more like and 'excuse' from the tone I read into it. I wish cash registers were electronic when I was growing up....or that phones were all cordless....I mean ok....so my point about the computer.....can't you start now? We all wish we had when we were younger, but no one had this back then and we ALL have it now. Yeah I think I read this way differently

Comment

This guy has some good pointers too!

http://www.youtube.com/user/Spikeydrummer
                      Current E-Rig:Roland TD-20K /w Roland CY-8, Roland KD-8 & Roland SPD-S
                      AMP: Mackie SRM450 V2

Current Acoustic Rig:5 piece Pearl Export Series, a bunch of Sabian Cymbals.

Comment

Working...
                      X