Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Making a Case for the V-Drums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a Case for the V-Drums

I was wondering if any one found a way to make a case for the v-pro kit. I attempted to make my own sort of case, but was unsucessful. If anyone has any tips they would be greatly appreciated.

I am using a very large Rubbermaid container that has casters, and it holds everything but my Roc-N-Soc throne, rack, and cymbal bag. $25 investment, and it works great.

-Danny
    -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by fartnokker:
      I am using a very large Rubbermaid container that has casters, and it holds everything but my Roc-N-Soc throne, rack, and cymbal bag. $25 investment, and it works great.

-Danny
      Do you have a model number or any info on that rubermaid monster?

Thanks,
      rus
      \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Unfortunately, no. Somebody else asked me awhile back, and I responded that it isn't Rubbermaid brand, but a similar one. After I got the idea, I looked all over, and found this one at K-mart for about $25.

Since then, I've seen similar ones by Rubbermaid, but I don't have a model number or other info. Mine is about 48" long, 30" wide, and 24-30" tall. It has fixed casters on one end, swivel casters on the other end, and a cool lid. The lid has snap-locks on each end, and a folding handle that allows you to pull it behind you.

I'm sure there are lots of similar containers out there for a very reasonable price that would do the trick. Since this holds all the pads, cable snake, snare stand, stick bag, TD-10 (in a padded bag), BD pedal + KD-7, headphones, headset mic, spare cables and other crap, I only have to bring my throne, rack, and cymbal bag.

It wouldn't work as a flight case, but everything fits snugly enough that there isn't any banging around, so everything is pretty well protected. Protects your gear from rain and snow, keeps everything organized, and costs about the same as a few pairs of sticks - 1/20th the cost of the Roland cases.

Go out and find a big-ass container, and practice packing your gear into it to find the most efficient order and method. Definitely worth the small investment.

-Danny
        -Danny

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

i do something similar, but use a large cooler. Doesn't hold too much, but the extra insulation protects the module and pads well.

Anyone know a way to create custom foam shapes? I know Home Depot sells a stiff foam in a can that expands to fill small holes. A similar item but with a lightweight foam would be great to creat ecustom foam inserts for homemade cases. But I don't know of any such item. any ideas?

Comment

You can buy foam rubber that is pre-perforated, and comes in different sizes. You can get a piece that fills up your case, and remove enough pre-cut pieces to fit all your gear. You can also just buy plain foam rubber, and use an electric carving knife to cut out and shape it as you need.

-Danny
            -Danny

Comment

Working...
            X