Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticks made of rubber ?....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticks made of rubber ?....

Will that work ? or will it produce as much noise when hitting a PD8 or CY12 ?

http://www.explorersdrums.com/shop/?...e64&PHPSESSID=.
    Last edited by gilwe; 05-04-08, 08:47 AM.

TBH, rubber sticks would be far too flexible. You can get mutes which fit over the tips made from rubber though. Can't reember what they're called, but I'm sure someone here will.

Comment

Thanks, can anyone refer to a particular product?

Comment

I think I saw some in MD, I'll have a look when I get the chance to be in the same place as my mags!

Comment

Looks like you found the Tama Silent Practice Tips TCP10D, but there are a few alternatives mentioned here: drumstick with rubber tip

Bruce

Comment

heheh neat stuff ii

Comment

When I was trying to reduce the stick noise of my kit, I purchased a pair of tama's rubber tips. Honestly, not only did it not reduce stick noise on my VH11 and CYs, I think it actually made more noise.

And the feel wasn't all that great on the mesh heads.

Comment

Well, it is recommended that rubber and plastic beaters have patches applied to the head. I don't think it'd be too smart to use rubber tipped sticks. You'll probably go through heads faster.
                Alan
                ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

If it is of interest to anyone, I messed around with rubber tipped sticks back when I first started using all metal e-cymbals. While they are certainly not as loud as wood or nylon tips on metal, there was also an interesting side effect that I hadn't anticipated. The softer the rubber, the harder it is to trigger. For instance, a metal e-cymbal that is so sensitive that I can trigger it by dragging a fingernail over the ridges and is almost impossible to hit soft enough with a nylon tip to NOT trigger it, needs a reasonably hard hit to trigger with a soft rubber tipped stick.

This is not a subtle difference.

Comment

Originally posted by amonline View Post
                    Well, it is recommended that rubber and plastic beaters have patches applied to the head. I don't think it'd be too smart to use rubber tipped sticks. You'll probably go through heads faster.
                    I bought a badge for my kick and switched to nylon tips, thanks to this forum.
                    But do you also need badges for snares and other mesh pads when using nylon tips???
                    2Box DrumIt Five, TDW-20BK , additional Kit Toys & Roland cymbals, 2Box, Pearl and Sonor pedals

Comment

No, nylon is fine. I've used nylon on mesh for years with no visible wear.
                      Alan
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Working...
                      X