Announcement

Collapse

Technique Posting Guidelines

PLAYING TECHNIQUE DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST TECHNICAL QUESTIONS!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

How to play edrums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to play edrums

I noticed that after playing my hands and base of my thumbs get really sore. I always stretch before playing so wondering if it is because of mesh heads and rubber cymbals.
    I’m not a hard hitter and I don’t have this issue when playing my straight acoustic Kit. Can it be technique, or just the nature of the beast. Does this happen to anyone else ?
    Pearl mimic pro drum mod,tama imperial star shells,helensson drum triggers,remo silent stroke and billy blast mesh heads, gen 16 cymbals, L12 digital mixer,studio one 4 daw, Pevey dm 115 for live monitoring, Yamaha dtx 502 module,dtx 900 silicone pads, zoom Zoom L12 digital mixer.

Are you using the same sticks and how loud do you listen. You say your not a hard hitter but do you think you are hitting harder to try and get the same volume. I don’t notice any difference in how I play my edrums or get any injuries. Your not trying to emulate whiplash are you?
    Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Lol ! No whiplash . Thanks for replying mkok. I switched to zyldian antivibe sticks it helped a little. You might be on to something with the volume didn’t think of that. I will try adjusting pad trigger velocity in my module so see if that helps
      Pearl mimic pro drum mod,tama imperial star shells,helensson drum triggers,remo silent stroke and billy blast mesh heads, gen 16 cymbals, L12 digital mixer,studio one 4 daw, Pevey dm 115 for live monitoring, Yamaha dtx 502 module,dtx 900 silicone pads, zoom Zoom L12 digital mixer.

Comment

Could be a million things.

e.g.

What pads?

What sticks (wood type - don't care about diameter)

*** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
        Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Billy blast 3 ply on snare, remo silent strokes on Toms and kick
          sticks= wooden Zyldian anti vibe

Comment

I just wanted to up this post. No problem with heads past couple of days. This is what I believe helped.
            1. I replaced all remo silent stroke heads the a 3 ply head. Triggering was improved ten fold.
            2. Re calibrated all pad trigger settings in module.
            3. eased up a little on my strikes.

thanks for all help

Comment

Working...
            X