Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Todd Sucherman's Rock Drumming Masterclass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Sucherman's Rock Drumming Masterclass

For anyone looking for an awesome online lesson course, check this out. I went through it a while ago and it's worth every cent. I'll be working on it for a long time.

https://www.facebook.com/toddsucherm...2275997449979/
    ATV aDrums, ATV aD5, eDRUMin, Presonus Quantum 2, SD3

Drumeo gives a lot of these packages for free occasionally when you get the yearly subscription ($170). On my last renewal I got Great hands for a lifetime, Anatomy of a Drum solo, Thomas Lang's and Benny Greb's DVDs, too. Kind of a no brainer.

Comment

Yep.... agreed. Drumeo is a great resource. I started Todd’s course as well. Still working through it.
      PDP Concept Maple A2E; Bum Wraps; Pearl Crystal Beat Octobans; Jobeky AI triggers; drum-tec Real Feel & Ballistech 3.0 mesh heads; ATV cymbals; 2 Roland PDX-6; Gibralter hardware; Offset double pedal; DW Remote hi-hat stands; NUX NMP-2 Dual Footswitch; 2 eDRUMin10; Alesis Strike Amp 8; Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen; Intel NUC with Windows 10 Pro; SD3

Comment

+1 on this course. It is what it says it is. If you learn everything detailled in this course you are a solid Rock Drummer.
        Audiofront eDrumIn. Triggering mainly SD3.

Yamaha Cymbals, drum-tec HiHat Ctl, DW PDP Drumset with Jobeky Triggers and drumtec Pro Snare. Zoom UAC-2 Interface.

Comment

I've been lurking for a few days but joined specifically to respond to this post. I've been incredibly impressed by Drumeo. I joined a little over a month ago, and even without these courses, the amount of content is incredible. For anyone unfamiliar, they also do a weekly e-drums Q &A. Every other week, it includes Michael Schack, who is a Roland artist and has been part of the development of VDrums for years. I've found myself hooked on watching those Q&As when I'm just relaxing.

Comment

I have gone through a bunch of the free Drumeo content and it was great. I was considering getting their paid courses, but ultimately went with Stephen's Drum Shed. Stephen does a great job of helping you assess where you currently are at, and gives you a more guided experience. Versus the firehose of drum lesson content that is the internet.

Comment

My boy want to do a course of Jazz Drums. Is Rock Drumming masterclass suitable for him? If not then please suggest any good platform.
              Artistworks Coupons

Comment

Originally posted by juliadavid View Post
                My boy want to do a course of Jazz Drums. Is Rock Drumming masterclass suitable for him? If not then please suggest any good platform.
                Not really. Todd covers a fair amount of technique, which is of course applicable to any style, but his course if very rock-centric.

Perhaps Peter Erskine's online course: https://artistworks.com/jazz-drum-lessons-peter-erskine

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/JohnXDrumLessons
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvQ...Dq0aGYIr_w98XA
                  these are authentic
                  Desktop PC I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, RME AIO, RME ADI2pro, RME Digiface USB, Mac Air 2014, Zoom Tac2r, Apollo Twin MKI Solo TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD3, Henry Hirsch, Peter Erskine, Evil Drums, Superior 3.0, Decades, Cubase 10, Reaper, Ludwig 67 Kit all sizes from 22, Ludwig Cob, 4*14, Slingerland 50s, Paiste Modern Ess, Zildjian Constantinople

Comment

those are great, thx.. could also add a jazz book 'the art of bop drumming, John Riley'
                    https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...ODkyNjU4MzM3NA
                    Audio | Video | Roland/Yamaha e-kit | Sonor/Gretsch a-kit | Zildjian/Sabian/Ufip cymbals

Comment

Ericdrumz
                      btw, I am not sure, but I think you posted some time ago, that you slightly prefer Roland modul hi-hat behaviour, is this still the case?
                      Only interested, as I am comparing, try to optimize it with Nick74 a bit, my playing slightly improved, so I am interested in this a lot....
                      You can PM me, no problem, would be nice....

John Riley is certainly very cool also, know only some YouTube of him, incredible content...
                      To play jazz with e-drums
                      Certainly try Decades with small Yamaha bob kit and Gegerle Cymbals (unfortunately a bit too roomy) and Peter Erskine BFD (still the coolest IMHO) and Stanton Moore Crescent BFD cymbals are also good....
                      Last edited by Ribot; 01-16-21, 09:51 AM.
                      Desktop PC I5 Asus, Asus P8Z77, RME AIO, RME ADI2pro, RME Digiface USB, Mac Air 2014, Zoom Tac2r, Apollo Twin MKI Solo TD30, Vh13, Drum Tec pro pads, BFD3, Henry Hirsch, Peter Erskine, Evil Drums, Superior 3.0, Decades, Cubase 10, Reaper, Ludwig 67 Kit all sizes from 22, Ludwig Cob, 4*14, Slingerland 50s, Paiste Modern Ess, Zildjian Constantinople

Comment

For any fan's of Todd - he's now doing weekly 1 hour live instruction/Q&A on Drumeo Edge. So far it's been fantastic.

Comment

Working...
                        X