Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I SUCK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a problem getting the feel right for Latin American music. About twenty years ago I was practicing a lot of Latin styles and I could play bossa novas, sambas, etc in my sleep. I thought I had them waxed until I sat in with a jazz band at a live gig and they called a bossa nova for the first song. It was a terrible time to learn that I absolutely could not play a bossa with a band. Needless to say they never asked me to sit in again (Which bugged me because I wanted to play bebop with them, which I was capable of playing).
    Roland TD-9, CY-12C, Yamaha PC-135, Gibraltar Intruder double pedals, AKG 240 Studio

Comment

Originally posted by John.b View Post
      OK Mate, if that's what you want, I will give Her Maj a bell tonight and get it sorted.

Bear in mind though, all the hero worship that will come with it, the fake press releases, and adulation, and all that goes with it, and then ask yourself,
      is this what I really want out of life.

And don't forget the paparazzi and all that entails.

There will be nowhere to hide and your beach apartment in Jamaica will be under constant surveillance, you wont be able to go there again.
      Jeezum Crow, that's a lot to think about. All I really want is is a big live electric band to play the "Theme from Peter Gunn" as background music as I walk about in daily life.

And not to flinch when I occasionally hit my nose or chin with my drumstick when I play drums. It really effing hurts, and I don't like being unmanly.
      Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by gingerbaker View Post
        And not to flinch when I occasionally hit my nose or chin with my drumstick when I play drums. It really effing hurts, and I don't like being unmanly.
        OK so stop doing IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop twiddling your sticks mate.

Or wear a bikers helmet with face shield to protect your delicate bits.

Comment

Oh and the Peter Gunn theme mate, I know what your saying, These days I wouldn't go anywhere without it.

Comment

Oh and the Peter Gunn theme mate, I know what your saying, These days I wouldn't go anywhere without it.
            Funny
            TD-9 Module Gen 2; TMC-6 Slave Module; PD-105BK; PD-85BK x 3; CY-13R x 1; CY-12C x 3; Kit Toy China 15" x 1; Kit Toy Splash 10" x 2; KD-9; CY-5 x 2; FD-9-; Pintech Dinbat used as Cowbell; TDA-700 & Roland KCW-1 Sub Woofer; Pearl 902 Double Pedal; ROC-N-SOC V- Stool with Back Rest

Comment

Originally posted by imagesbykenny View Post
              I have a problem getting the feel right for Latin American music. About twenty years ago I was practicing a lot of Latin styles and I could play bossa novas, sambas, etc in my sleep. I thought I had them waxed until I sat in with a jazz band at a live gig and they called a bossa nova for the first song. It was a terrible time to learn that I absolutely could not play a bossa with a band. Needless to say they never asked me to sit in again (Which bugged me because I wanted to play bebop with them, which I was capable of playing).
              You have to feel it to do it. I have a problem with reggae music, love it but when it comes to playing it, it dosn't happen.

Comment

You have to feel it to do it. I have a problem with reggae music, love it but when it comes to playing it, it dosn't happen.
                You speak the truth brother
                Ludwig Acoustics, Paiste Cymbals, Drum Brothers Djun Djuns, ddrum4 Electronic + Pintech Cymbals, 2Box Di5, MegaDrum56

Comment

I sucked when I started playing, and now at 73 I am sucking in reverse

Comment

I did a version of Rosanna a few years ago with a drumless track. Yeah, it's not an easy drum part to execute.

https://youtu.be/EZ0caGDmmCk

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin5 View Post
                      I did a version of Rosanna a few years ago with a drumless track. Yeah, it's not an easy drum part to execute.

https://youtu.be/EZ0caGDmmCk
                      Nice one mate, very controlled and a great righthand shuffle. I gave up on this a long time ago. The way I was 'feeling it' meant I was trying to put too much into it, and no matter how hard I tried, I could not cool it. Yea ok, so I never did have much discipline lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X