A video explaining the different sizes and types of sticks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A video explaining the different sizes and types of sticks

I made this for new drummers or people who haven't experimented with sticks.

I own almost every shape and size of stick available and there is a lot of people who don't ever change. It makes a huge difference in your playing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WdAMzR7Dh4

Thanks for that! Thinking I might try a maple stick for edrums as its lighter. Currently I have a
    some pairs of vic firth classic metal. Big old heavy sticks. Prob damage the new cymbals in a hurry hehe.

Comment

That is a good idea.... I have used everything on my TD-11 and its a tank, but the maple is a good choice. That way you don't have to use super thin sticks and they are still lighter... I find hard heavy sticks on the rubber pads feel terrible, (although my doubles sound amazing haha) and on the mesh I hold back because I worry about damage.

ONE of these days I hope to get a TD-30, or a TD-50 and will be more cautious. I honestly don't know how my TD-11 still keeps on trucking

Comment

Real tuff finding maple nylon tip sticks! Ended up just getting a Vic Firth hickory 5B pair to try out.

Comment

Thanks really informative video and Iíve been playing 38 years! Cheers
          Roland TD30 module on TD20 kit SD3 with various kits. Pearl Masters Kit, Yamaha 9000RC original natural wood finish. Cymbals from Zildgian Pasite and Sabian. Loads of percussion bits. Cubase and Wavelab always current versions.

Comment

Originally posted by eclypse View Post
            Real tuff finding maple nylon tip sticks!.
            Really? Easy and cheap in UK....
            *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
            Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Originally posted by electrodrummer View Post

Really? Easy and cheap in UK....
              I'm looking on Amazon on the US. Looking for Vic Firth brand.

Comment

Originally posted by eclypse View Post

I'm looking on Amazon on the US. Looking for Vic Firth brand.
                Don't need branded sticks. Snake oil and pose.
                *** Never buy a module without MIDI IN ***
                Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPad. Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Loads o' synth modules. & some ukes

Comment

Working...
                X