Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a Pedal to the TD-30 - what can you do with ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a Pedal to the TD-30 - what can you do with ?

So if I wanted to say be able to play a shaker sound repeatedly with my left foot, or anything for that matter. Where am.i limited and what pedal should.i use.

I guess I would like to be able to, during the same song, change what I can do.with my left foot.

So say when we play THE STONES - CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING- during that percussion jam at the end there is a shaker going. There are also convention drums, congas, etc.
    And it goes right from the main part of the song into that jam. So no time to switch anything on the mod. I don't have a foot switch yet, but even if I did I think I would like the idea of being able to make my left foot as dynamic as I can.

I hope this post made sense, it's late and I'm a bit sauced. Haha.
    But really I would like to know if anyone has any ideas, or perhaps has done something like this already.

Thanks

Aaron
    TD30KV, SPD-SX,BT-1 (3), "MY AMP" Mackie Thump 18sub + Mackie Thump 15 top, Mackie Thump 15 - side stage
    FOH - KW 153 - (2), KW 183sub, Soundcraft Stagebox Mini32, Soundcraft Si Impact, DBX Pa2 Driverack

Hi JonWanez,

you can select a sound for the shacker e.g. from percussions, which comes closest, and assign its sound e.g. to a pad-rim (no need to buy a switch), or to an external trigger (requires a switch).

Best, Michael
    td-30 user ;-)

Comment

Yes I had thought about doing that. Also even creating a set that has all the instruments i need for that end part and then using a pad in auxiliary 3 or 4 to trigger a kit change.

I would have time to do that.

What I was trying to do, if it is even possible, is add that Xtra level and make my left foot more dynamic if you will.

Im pretty new with the set so I am playing around quite a bit with settings and inst, etc.

I will be giging with the kit starting in about a month. And from there just about every weekend through the summer.
      So I have been scratching and clawing a bit, so to speak.

The real problem with that particular song is there are like 3 people playing percussion, and I am.trying to figure out a way to pull off something pretty damn close myself.

I appreciate the idea. Thanks for the response!!
      TD30KV, SPD-SX,BT-1 (3), "MY AMP" Mackie Thump 18sub + Mackie Thump 15 top, Mackie Thump 15 - side stage
      FOH - KW 153 - (2), KW 183sub, Soundcraft Stagebox Mini32, Soundcraft Si Impact, DBX Pa2 Driverack

Comment

So you just need a left foot trigger, if you got a second kick pedal (with a Triggera Krigg possibly), you could assign any sound you want to it. You can use it as a double bass pedal on other kits.
        Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
        Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
        Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

Hey thank you for the answer.
          I haven't been on here in a while or I would have replied earlier.

I have been wanting to get a foot switch, so now I have some justification.

Thanks again.

Comment

I've added a Roland KD-7 pedal for this type of thing - you can get them fairly cheap second-hand.
            Btw since it's a single trigger you could even split e.g. Aux 3 and have two - one on each side of the hihat pedal (unless you use a double kick) and assign different sounds to each of them..
            Roland TD-50/TD-30/SPD-SX - PD-140DS, BT-1, PD-85, 3xPD-105, 3xPD-125, KD-120, KD-7. Cymbals: CY-18DR, 2x CY-14C, 2x CY-15R, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, 2xCY-5, 2x Yamaha PCY10, 2xTriggera D14

Comment

I do the same thing qcaze. I wish they kept the layering features they had way back on the TD7 though.I used to add a tambourine to my floor tom when I was playing 1/8 notes on the floor on tunes like with our without you from U2. As the song builds, the tambourine joins in and it was great to cover that with one pad. I also did things like combine a snare and a timbale on a pad and a splash and crash on another, etc. for stuff like Oye Como Va. Even just combining two snares helps a lot, one might have more attack and pop but is lacking depth and warmth, combining two, like a piccolo and a ballad snare makes for a great sounding rock snare. Either by themselves kinda stink.
              TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads - three rack toms, one floor, one kick with dual pedal, snare, three aux pads, three Gen16 crashes, one Gen16 Ride and Gen16 hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and The JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, http://bwajda12.wix.com/jamco

Comment

Working...
              X