Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rudiments...because you asked for it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudiments...because you asked for it...

This is part 1...let's call it "The Reasoning" If you want me to demonstrate more of the individual rudiments, I will be happy to do so in part2 (if there is an interest)

Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Amen to that video. Great stuff, put across in a very friendly and inspiring way. Thanks.

Comment

Thanks again Carm, great stuff!

Comment

Very interesting. I just had to watch the whole thing. Cheers for that.

Comment

Hey Carmine, I too enjoy your posts - keep them coming....

Comment

Well thanks guys...I will be doing part 2 which will be individually going thru the rudental patterns I really feel represent the best of the crop...stay tuned...thanks again!
            Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Comment

Thanks. Very inspiring.
              Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Here is Part-2 "The Demonstration"

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread Carmine. Reminds me I need to buckle down and learn to consciously incorporate rudiments into my playing. Drum teachers with students who see rudiments as a chore should definately demonstrate to them how amazing they sound when applied all over the kit as apposed to just a single drum and explain to them that although they can practice them on just the snare, eventually they'll be using them to make that drum kit rock!
                  Last edited by bud7h4; 01-25-15, 10:00 AM.
                  TD-30 module, PDP A2E (22, 16, 14, 12, 10), Quartz triggers,
                  VH11 hi-hat, PD125 (snare), Roland cymbals, Peavey KB4 monitor, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
                  Axis A21 Sabres, Axis A Longboards

Comment

Yea ya got to show the bottom line. The end result. Thats the encouragement.

Comment

The third segment will be coming shortly...thanks guys!

Comment

Excellent.....

Comment

Well here ya go...the Finale part to my series on drum rudiments. This one is entitled "Alternates" since a few of these rudiments are just repetitive patterns that could be utilized in the rudimental environment. Please contact me directly at "[email protected]" if you have more questions...thanks for watching...play hard and strong!

Carmine

Comment

Great playing and great lessons love ya work Carmine
                            Thank you
                            NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Very encouraging. Thanks for the vids.
                              C :cool: :cool: k

Comment

Working...
                              X