Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Stupid Am I (Don't Answer That)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Stupid Am I (Don't Answer That)

All these months of having position issues and crossing myself up when doing 16th patterns on the hihat, and it took me this long to find a solution! UGH! I was always getting crossed up and clicking sticks and finding awkward arm movements to avoid issues, and it finally dawns on me...why not have 2. But I don't me 2 like an Xhat or another for open sticking...I just grabbed another pad and positioned it right next to my snare, even with the snare head. I then 'Y" them usung a stearo Y cable and plugged it in to my HAT channel. My foot controller still operates both. Now when I want to do the 16th groove on the hats (like some nice funky offbeat patterns with accented pops on snare, I use my left hand (remember I'm left handed) on my normanl Hat above, and my right hand on the lower pad right next to the snare. My sticks now have about a 10" separation when doing the patterns so that they don't click together, and I only have a minimal distance to get to snare offbeat pops. SSSHHHEEEESSSS!!! Why didn't I think of this before!
    Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

I often have a second one by my ride. Also, TrapKats are set up with a right an left hihat by default :-)
    *** MIDI IN: good. Cable snake: bad ***
    Yamaha & Roland modules. DTX,TM-2, EC-10, EC10m, SP-404. Multi12. TrapKat. ControlPads. Octapad, SamplePad, Wavedrum. Handsonic. Dynacord RhythmStick. MPC. Paiste 2002/Signatures. Cajons. Djembes. Darbuka. Windsynth. MIDI Bass. Tenori-on. Zoom ARQ. Synths. Ukes.

Comment

Well both of mine are to my right, but it's so much easier with the striking distance being closer to the snare on me non lead hand, it's incredible. Even my stick clicking has pretty much gone bye bye...
      Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Comment

Working...
      X