Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Latest Vid On Kick Techniques...Feets Don't Fail Me Now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Latest Vid On Kick Techniques...Feets Don't Fail Me Now!

I appreciate all comments...

Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Stunning ability mate. When I was gigging back in the 60s to 80s I had quite a fast foot but nothing like what you can do. When I came back to it in 2007 with this Roland E thing I bought a double Iron Cobra Power Glide because I thought I would be struggling with one kick pedal. On the whole though it didnt work out to bad but I cant play heel up any more. Thanks for the vid though. Ive seen a couple of things to try.

Comment

Thanks very much John...I appreciate the compliment. I gigged thru the 60s to the 80s as well,,,I gave it up in 1992 to do more down-to-earth work. I picked it back up in 2006 and haven't looked back. I have other vids on my site if you care to peruse...I'm going at it now for my own enjoyment and not a living any ore...play strong!

Carmine

Drummer and instructor. Performs with 4 Star Revue. drummer, percussionist and instructor, musician and graphic designer
      Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Comment

Yea these E thingys allow you to play along to whatever you like. It seems our time lines are very similar. I only did it semi pro because I was a qualified design engineer and as you no doubt know, music dont pay much unless your Keith Moon, Roger Taylor, Mitch Mitchell, Stewart Copeland, Charlie Watts or Ringo Starr. I will look at your other Vids Mate.
        Last edited by John.b; 01-24-15, 04:53 PM.

Comment

I did my stint, 6 nights a week for almost 21 years. Lots of roadwork with the showbands and plenty of local venues. It was a living but not a profitable one. I looked at it like I retired right out of college, because I was doing what I wanted to do as a living when I could. Now I'm having to work to get by, and having my fun recording and producing vids for lessons...it's been a great go of it!

Comment

Working...
          X