Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

V-Drum Pads Going Bad, Cymbals Keyholing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Drum Pads Going Bad, Cymbals Keyholing?

Hello Everyone, I'm new here and I'm having some issues with my kit as of recently, so I thought I'd come to you looking for possible answers.
    I bought a kit a few years back (TD-12) that has performed flawlessly. I keep it in my home office to toy with and it's gotten me back into drumming after about ten years off. I used to play a Yamaha Birch Recording Custom kit, but have little room for it, nor did I want to disturb my neighbors, so after reading about the development of Roland V-Drums in the past ten years, I sprung for one.
    Now, here are my issues. In one single day, 2 of the 3 cymbals have keyholed. The rubber has cracked right through. I went to play the set and the cymbals were sitting weird, so after I looked at them found out they were cracked. There doesn't seem to be any way to fix it other than spend a few hundred dollars on a new cymbal. This would be for a set that I play on for about an hour a month, so its not very justifiable. Has anyone else had an issue like this? No one else has played on them (I live alone) and I'm not a hard playing drummer, so I was shocked to see this happen. I've never keyholed a metal cymbal in 20 years of active drumming...
    Second is now the pads themselves seem to be failing. They aren't as sensitive as they once were, and some are better than others. Also the rubber rim has cracked on a few, again, I'm not a hard drummer. Now when I hit some of the pads, the rim sound gets played instead of the head sound. I haven't messed with any of the settings to cause change to anything, in fact, I just reset the module to factory settings and the pads are still having issues. No clue on what to do guys and gals. I went to the shop where I bought it and they said, "hmm, never heard of that happening" then went on with their day. Sort of like me then saying, "hmm, I'm not buying anything from your store again. Thank you very little".
    This was an expensive investment for me and I'd hate for it to have been a waste since I am not a performer and just do it for the joy of being a drummer again. I also can't see investing more money in a kit that didn't last 2 years. Roland still hasn't gotten back to me other than the send it in and we will look at it for $80 an hour plus repair charges.
    If anyone has any input, I'd be happy to hear it.
    Thank you all in advance and happy drumming!
Working...
X