Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simmons DA200S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simmons DA200S

I have owned my Roland TD-4 for 4 years now and owned a Simmons DA50 for the same amount of time. I recently wanted an upgrade to my sound so I bought the Simmons DA200S. I initially plugged my drumset into the 200S alone. I was not pleased. It sounded really dull and I tried to mess with the knobs and still had no satisfaction. It all sounded really low heavy. The only thing I liked about it was the kick of the sub woofer. I plugged my drums into both of my amps and got satisfaction but the 200S by itself sounded horrible in my opinion. I have read many reviews about the amp and almost everyone seems extremely pleased with it which made me concerned. Without my DA50 the DA200 sounds really bad and I would never use it by itself. Did I get a defective amp or am I missing something?

Not to be Captain Obvious, but have you tried turning the Master up and the Sub volume knob down on the DA200S? Should relieve the muddiness and give a more balanced sound. It just sounds like the sub is overpowering everything else.
    E Kit TD-10x (VEX Classic XP), PD-125 snare, (2) PD-100 toms, PD-120 floor tom, KD-85 kick, CY-15R ride, CY-12C/R crash, (2) CY-8 crash, CY-5 & FD-8 hi hat, MDS-9 rack, DW 5000 pedal, PM-30 amp.
    A Kit Pearl Export 5pc (10"/12"/14" toms, 20" bd), 14" 1964 Ludwig Supraphonic snare, Zildjian Avedis 14" Hats, 14" K-Custom/16" Bronze/18" A-Custom crashes, 10" A-Custom splash, 20" Bronze ride, DW5000 pedal

Comment

Working...
    X