Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opinions requested for Cow Paddy and Cowabongo pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions requested for Cow Paddy and Cowabongo pads

I am on of these products and ask if anyone has experience with them and can give me an opinion. Also curious if there are shorter cables available to hook up the the MDS-25 rack accessory female jacks that are on the rack.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

I have the CowPaddy and it's ok. It's a little soft/spongy to hit but it triggers fine. The hardware is a little wimpy, also but I find that if I really crank it down, it holds ok.
    Shorter cables are available at practically any music store. I think they generally start at around 6".

Hope that helps!

Mark
    www.RemedyRocksKC.com

Comment

• TheCowpaddy
      TheCowpaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi this is Dave Peck, the maker of the Cowpaddy and I have updated the hardware, how long ago did you purchase the Cowpaddy? And does it have the 1/8 inch rubber hitting surface? If you want, I will update it for you if you send it back. Let me know, I use a Gibraltar Eye Bolt Assembly now and it has no problems of slipping or coming loose. Just pay the shipping for both ways and I will be glad to do it.

• TheCowpaddy
      TheCowpaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      [email protected]

• daebado
      daebado commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow! That's a very nice offer and I don't know how I don't take you up on it. I've had my cowpaddy quite some time. I'll send you an email and we can talk about specifics.
      Thanks!

Mark

Daebado,
    Thanks for the opinion. My understanding is the the cowabongo can be flipped over. One side is for sticks, the other for hands. Maybe I will look into that option. Also thanks for the tip on the cables, I may get over to GC on Sunday or Monday.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

The CowPaddy I just bought says it can be flipped also. One side for sticks and one for hands. It is a little soft when striking the edge so I usually strike more on top.
      TD-25KV, Yamaha DXR15, MG10. Senn 280HD.

Comment

Have you considered a Roland BT-1. They look pretty cool and solves a mounting issue for me. I have a home made one using a pvc junction box, a piezo and jack from the Shack, and glued mouse pad over the box. Works great, uglier than get out. Cost about 5 dollars.

Comment

I had a cowpaddy and although it triggered fine I didn't like the look of it. That's just my personal opinion of course.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I'd love to see some pictures of your home made one and it would be great if you could share your bill of materials and instructions.

Comment

Then again you could use some Rock Band Cymbals. Easy to mod, Dirt cheap (3 for $20), Looks like something that would be on a drum kit.
              The expensive part is how to mount on your kit (cymbal mounts needed).
              "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I have a couple of cymbal mounts from my old TD-9. I will look into it. I am not familiar with Rock Band Cymbals.
                Thanks

Comment

We have some real cowbells that we converted a few months back - if you want a deal, just let me know.

Comment

Duplicate -
                    Last edited by PintechUSA; 05-28-14, 04:05 PM. Reason: dupe

Comment

Got any photos of them Ryan please?

Comment

digitalDrummer has reviewed a bunch of aux trigger devices. You can find a compilation here: https://www.distribly.com/product/2004?aid=18353
                        . digitalDrummer
                        Review index

Comment

I will check the Pintech website an see if there are any pictures.

Comment

Here are mine and I haven't had any issues with them.

Roland TD-30KV, Alesis Strike Pro Kit, Tama HW, QSC K10x2, Logic Pro, Toontrack Superior Drummer 3, Focusrite Clarett 4Pre Thunderbolt Interface

Comment

Working...
                            X