Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland CR-78 sounds, Heart of Glass Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland CR-78 sounds, Heart of Glass Intro

Hey all, New to E-Drums. Cover band is playing Heart of Glass, and am trying to find the sounds that are used in the intro.

I have an SPD-S, and would prefer to have the individual sounds and play the intro, as opposed to just sampling the whole thing.

Thanks for any help or suggestions

I'm not quite sure what a CR-78 is and does, but like you am looking for just a sample (Ridin' The Storm Out Opening Siren).

Anyway, I just did a quick search in Youtube (Heart of Glass Intro sound effects) and got this...

Rip an .mp3 from it and put it in?

Comment

The CR-78 was one of the earliest Roland rhythm machines:

Its most important advance over other rhythm boxes was being able to program and store drum patterns - not yet a common feature in 1978. Of course, it had all the awful preset-patterns targeted at one-man-band organ players, like Waltz, Bossa Nova and Rhumba!

The CR-78 had four programmable user memories and was the predecessor of the famous TR-808. Its all-analogue sound engine made it a favorite with electronic musicians, even if it doesn't have (yet) the 'cult-following' the TR-808 has today.

You may find CR-78 samples online to download!

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks for the responses... HM-81, looks like your link points me to what I'm looking for. Will download and check out tonight!

Comment

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
          X