Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Addictive Drums 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Addictive Drums 2

While I wait for my free upgrade for AD 2 to download...any thoughts on Addictive Drums 2 from someone who has had a chance to use it?
    Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Downloaded the demo...

Clicked on the map window and for Yamaha, there are the DTX 500, 502, 900, Xtreme, etc... but no 700??????? Not looking good so far, unless I can mix and match different mapping. A little sad to see that the 700 has been left out.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

I might still work. There is no Roland TD-11 in the map window either, but others, such as the TD-12 or TD-20 work anyway, so I just use one of those.
      Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Comment

TD-11 is in the product, not the Yamaha DTX-700...but it is easy to mix and match. There are tons of new features in AD2. 18 sound slots, kit piece linking... midi recording, better sound through the new sound engine, the current ADpaks have got new presets, the partly included Fairfax ADpak is one of the best sound library ever produced. Then you have the sound shaping tools... and the extremely nice workflow handling with the XLN cloud sync to sync your settings, presets, map presets and midi files with the cloud... to share with your second PC/MAC or share with others on the forums. My best recommendations!

Best regards

Angr77
        Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

Angr77: You're right...the TD-11 is in AD2, but it was not in AD1. Enjoyed your glowing recommendation for AD2. It's also reasonably priced: I paid $119 for AD1 last month, and now I get a free upgrade to AD2, plus three included studio ADpaks for rock, prog, and pop. Also, anyone buying the new ADpaks (revised price is $89.95) gets AD2 included, so I think the company has been very fair about it. You can get the ADpaks cheaper through audiodeluxe too, including bundles (2 ADpaks, 2 midi, and 2 individual kit pieces for $149).

Comment

Any feedback on hihat playability with AD2?

Comment

@ zgeggy2k - I think it is working ok. I have tried both scenarios, first let my hardware do the work (Hi-hat pedal sending cc:04 and I have mapped all notes for closed, half-open to open etc using for the bow/edge and chick & splash) and second let AD2's hihat logic to do the trick by just sending the cc:04 pedal + bow/edge from hardware. Both way works fine in my opinion - just as in AD1.

ANGR77
              Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

@ANGR77 - thanks! If you hit the hh and then change the pedal position (ie you either open it more or close it more/totally), does it adapt to the new position? Do you get what you'd expect?

Cheers,

-- Greg

Comment

Working...
                X