Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hot rods anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot rods anyone?

Hey everyone!
    Has anyone tried to play edrums with hot rods? Would it reduce the stick noise on rubber cymbals? What about the rebound on the mesh heads?
    Thanks!

I have used them occasionally. The rebound is less, and I would say the noise when hitting cymbals is only slightly reduced when using rods.

Comment

Can't imagine "playing" with them the entire time....just for cymbal interludes on certain songs but since they're rubber e cymbals, why even bother? Interesting thought tho.

K ;-)
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

http://www.vicfirth.com/product/buyn...?button=SRH2CO

I think I've recomended these before, elsewhere, but I don't go far without them.

Comment

Originally posted by airflamesred View Post
          http://www.vicfirth.com/product/buyn...?button=SRH2CO

I think I've recomended these before, elsewhere, but I don't go far without them.
          Hmmm, cool ideia, good alternative to use with brass cymbals!

Comment

Interesting. I've never seen those Vic Firth efforts before. I'm personally not a great fan of the rods as you need to hit a bit harder to get the same dynamics...so not much benefit really.

Comment

Originally posted by KennyinDundee View Post
              Interesting. I've never seen those Vic Firth efforts before. I'm personally not a great fan of the rods as you need to hit a bit harder to get the same dynamics...so not much benefit really.
              Hmmm, that makes sense...I will continue my efforts to find a way to play with less acoustic noise

Comment

Dont hit as hard? Use lighter sticks? Try 7a?

Comment

Working...
                X