Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DTX502 + AQUARIAN ONHEAD PED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTX502 + AQUARIAN ONHEAD PED

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the YAMAHA DTX502 MODULE in congiunction with the AQUARIAN ONHEAD PEDS and if this can be a good solution or if there are any compatibility issues.

Thanks in advance for sharing your experience
    Last edited by ionandre; 04-09-14, 08:30 AM.

That would be a bit overkill, no?

You have a $250 module, and now you would spend about $700 on a shell pack?

Well, I know that sometimes, we just gotta have it! so, why not? It is still cheaper than a set of TCS pads.

But, all the pads should work as they are, single zone pads. You will not get rim sounds with those and the Yamaha module.

If you are dead set on going with the FSR technology, go ahead, but I would save my money for some nice e-cymbals by using something like Drumtek mesh heads and Wronka, Intrigg or Quartz triggers.

DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

• ionandre
      ionandre commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for your comments,

I've read good things about the DTX502 module despite its low cost and great things about the ONEHEADS so I just gotta try this overkill combination.
      For the rim sound I was thinking to buy an inhead trigger sensor to connect to the inbox. I assume this solution should work with the Yamaha module.

• perceval
      perceval commented
      Editing a comment
      Nope, rim sounds will not work that way as Yamaha modules expect a piezo-switch trigger for the combination on head and rim sounds.

• perceval
      perceval commented
      Editing a comment
      Double post due to slugginess of the forum software still

Ok, so I should aim to a Roland BT1 or similar. Thanks

Comment

The BT1 will give you an extra sound - at the expense of using an extra input - and also potential crosstalk issues.
      --
      West London, UK.
      TD-11 module | DTXplorer rack | 3 x tp65 | 12" millenuim mesh head snare | cy-5, pcy65s and pcy150 cymbals | fd8 hh | krigg kick trigger w/ mapex raptor pedal.

Comment

The good thing about the 502 is that the tom inputs can be split to add extra 1-zone inputs.
        DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Working...
        X