Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And for my next upgrade...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And for my next upgrade...

Hey there. Uncle Sam was kind to me this year so I have a wee tiny bit of budget available. Unless something else gets to it first . So. I'm thinking the next best thing to change out would be my snare pad, as its a PDX-8, and I'd like to take advantage of positional sensing; I'd also like to move to a stand mount vs. on the rack so I can fine tune snare position; lastly, I'm thinking that the same size pad would be fine, as I have limited space. My other thought is to get a second crash and use my currently-sitting-in-a-box-on-the-floor-CY-5 as a trigger for a china or cowbell (more cowbell!). Looking forward to your ideas!

Thanks!
    TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Bigger snare-pad sounds good to me! Full 10" incher all the way (...considering space).
    Your choice of PD-105, PD-108 or PDX-100; or something used, if you prefer!

As an additional thought, I see you have a CY-13R. I'm guessing this is your ride-cymbal?
    How about picking up a CY-15 for your (new) ride, and making the existing CY-13R your second crash?

Just suggesting....

Greetings from Switzerland,
    - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Slightly noob question, but the designated type (crash/ride) doesn't make any difference? I can plug them in interchangeably?
      TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

Hi,
        You can easily designate a crash/ride to a simple two-zone crash. All you do is not connect the bell trigger and select it as a crash in the module.
        ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Yes, the -13R is my ride. And thanks, JP -- I knew things were somewhat interchangeable, but thats excellent news. I was reading through tazed's thread on pads and it sounds like a PDX-100 is an outstanding deal. Slightly sideways question -- other than simply more space to hit, what are the advantages of a 12" vs. a 10" pad?

Comment

If you are getting a different snare, I would have to recommend the 13" Hart Hammered snare. 10" and 12" pads for a snare are garbage. Even the PD-128S just doesn't give the feel of a real snare drum. I have been playing the Hart Hammered for the last year and it is amazing. I have thought about selling it so I could move to a 14" A2E snare, but it triggers so perfectly I just don't want to give it up.

This auction is ending soon:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HART-DYNAMIC...item461d0ddd27
            I think my work is done here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_D View Post
              If you are getting a different snare, I would have to recommend the 13" Hart Hammered snare. 10" and 12" pads for a snare are garbage. Even the PD-128S just doesn't give the feel of a real snare drum. I have been playing the Hart Hammered for the last year and it is amazing. I have thought about selling it so I could move to a 14" A2E snare, but it triggers so perfectly I just don't want to give it up.

This auction is ending soon:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HART-DYNAMIC...item461d0ddd27
              I had the PD128S also. I prefer a 13" or 14" DIY to something smaller. I have heard nothing but praise for the Hart hammered series.
              8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
              http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Sigh. Wish they were still around.
                Last edited by jonm42; 04-01-14, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• hemiboy
                  hemiboy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hart is out of business but try Erik at rmc audio direct, he may have one laying around , and if not ebay or craigs lust

I pinged Erik but he's probably smarter than us and already gone home . Are these really that yummy? What do I tell the brain about pad type?

Comment

You are running a TD-30, like me. I can get you my settings. You might have a minor tweak here and there to work with your specific pad, but it will get you in the ballpark right away.
                  I think my work is done here.

Comment

Put in a bid. Will see what happens!

Comment

Outbid. Saw a couple of 12" hart snares. Are they worth pursuing?
                      Last edited by jonm42; 04-01-14, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Nope. Erik doesn't have any. . Put a watch on e-bay and craigslist. Anyplace else to look?

Comment

You might try watching GC used area you never know.
                          "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I know you mentioned space constraints, but hunting down any old 14" snare and converting it to A2E is probably easier to pull off and cheaper for your wallet in the end.

HTH
                            Greetings from Switzerland,
                            - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Working...
                            X