Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Intrigg vs Roland PDX-8 triggering capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intrigg vs Roland PDX-8 triggering capabilities

I'm really interested in the new Intriggs for some DIY sells I have, but I also have a few PDX-8s. It appears that the triggers are very similar in design. I'm not sure I want to sell the PDX-8s and do the DIY project unless the Intriggs will give me a performance improvement in triggering (head and rim).
    Does anyone have experience with Intriggs and the Roland PDX-8 pads? Essentially they both trigger near the edge of the head, so I'm guessing they behave similarly - no hot spots or Positional sensing

Thoughts?
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

No idea about the pdx8 pads but the Intriggs are getting good reviews from various members here.

Comment

Not to be rude but I wouldn't want to use the intriggs on a TD-30 module

As you said, you'll lose Pos-Sens, ...that's one of the most praised features by Roland itself, imo.
      Unless you want to trade 'Pos-Sens' for 'No hotspot'... then that's quite understandable.
      Greetings from Switzerland,
      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Thanks, guys. I find that I prefer zero hot spots for recording, but I really like the TD-30 and positional sensing or practicing and performing live. So, when I'm recording, I'm actually looking to swap out my PD128's for either my DIY's or PDX-8's. Therefore, I'm actually looking for side mounted triggering as an alternative to my existing pads. My DIY's already have Quartz triggers center-mounted, so I could actually add Intriggs to those shells and swap out which triggers I'm using depending on the application - for the best of both worlds.
        ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

I have owned and played a pdx8. Apart of being sidemounted I don't see anything similar between its trigger system and intriggs ...
          electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Thanks. They do seem similar in design in that they have a similar sized contact point (not a cone shape) to the head, and they are side mounted. This is similar in general design to the 2box pads.

How about the rim sensor?

Are there any differences in how they play?

Comment

It was years ago when I played it, so I can't state anything. Just guess it triggers differently ...
              I would too like to hear a comparison ...
              Anyway, with pdx8 you're limited to that small pad size, and intrigg can be mounted even in a 18" tom or in a 20" kick ...
              electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

I agree. That's a big reason to go for the Intriggs. You can probably buy a 12" tom, and fit it with mesh heads and an Intrigg for less than the $169 you'd pay for a new PDX8. And it would be way cooler!

Comment

Working...
                X