Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New TD-11K VS Used (In a good condition) TD-9K2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairmetal-81 View Post

We seem to be amazing, yet you seem to ignore us...
    What's the deal, here?
    I really don't ignore you, I told you that I can't afford that amount of money and I won't gonna take a chance that something will happend to the kit and because it's used there are better chances that this could happend. I don't know where it was, how much does it's used, if there is damage to this kit.
    And second of all, I didn't find anyone that sells TD-9. I have found one seller but he told me that his used it for a year and know it's long time since he used it and it's kept in his apartment.
    He didn't lie to me, he said that he used it, I won't gonna spend more money on a kit that kept a year in some apartment and i won't gonna get a warranty for it.

But in generally, I have a allocation of 1500$. Not enough for a used one. So i guess that i'll go for the new kit. I simply can't afford it, sorry.
    I'm asking if the TD-11K it's a good kit for this allocation and i'll enjoy it. Sorry if you get me wrong and i sorry that I bothered you, I can't add more 500-600$, I just don't have it and I don't want to take risky chances.

Your comments just made me a little bit disappointed Because I realized that after of all, I don't have more 500$ and I know that I missing a great kit but I just can't have it

I'm really sorry if you thought that i ignored your comments, I just understood that I won't gonna have more 500$ for the kit and I decided to focus on what will have the potential for me and I think that it's 90%-TD-11K, 10%-TD-9.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ziv987; 03-14-14, 03:44 PM.

Comment

The VEX expansion, there is only one for the TD11, consists of 30 kits that simply give you 30 amazing kits. You can keep the best 20 factory kits. The difference is instantly noticeable and it all costs only $30. Great deal.
      Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Comment

Originally posted by gradier View Post
        The VEX expansion, there is only one for the TD11, consists of 30 kits that simply give you 30 amazing kits. You can keep the best 20 factory kits. The difference is instantly noticeable and it all costs only $30. Great deal.
        I would able to connect by MIDI the TD-11K to my computer and use drum samplers like Superior Drummer 2.0 and STUDIO DRUMMER?
        I just want me to have the option to use and experience more realistic and different sounds.

Comment

Hmmm...I would like to know that too. Hope someone responds.
          Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Comment

I don't have a problem with you getting a td11 have fun. We just gave advice, the rest is up to you!

Yes you can use vst's with a td11 just add the needed software and a bunch of time. check out the vst primer thread on here.

Good luck and enjoy your purchase!
            "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

For VST's the great thing about the current generation Roland modules (TD11 and 15 and 30) is that you DON'T need a midi converter box between the module and the computer. All you need is the USB cable. When you are accesing the VST's sounds, your MIDI data leaves the module, goes into the computer as MIDI data, plays the VST sounds in its digital format and then travels as digital data back through the USB cable back to the module. Then, in the module it's converted from digital audio to audio sound and is then output out the audio jacks. It may sound "complicated" but the great advantage is simplicity. You have to do is connect the USB cable between them, and in the VST choose the TD11 as your audio device.
              Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Roland Handsonic HPD-20, EFNOTE 5, SD3, Porter & Davies Throne

Comment

Thanks jpsquared482 for a nice explanation. So, if I want to try it, what's the best option for VST (yes, I should be reading the thread somewhere about VST basics)?

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
                  I don't have a problem with you getting a td11 have fun. We just gave advice, the rest is up to you!

Yes you can use vst's with a td11 just add the needed software and a bunch of time. check out the vst primer thread on here.

Good luck and enjoy your purchase!
                  Sure, And I really thank you for these advices. And now Sincerely, you think that the TD-11K it's a nice kit?

Originally posted by jpsquared482 View Post
                  For VST's the great thing about the current generation Roland modules (TD11 and 15 and 30) is that you DON'T need a midi converter box between the module and the computer. All you need is the USB cable. When you are accesing the VST's sounds, your MIDI data leaves the module, goes into the computer as MIDI data, plays the VST sounds in its digital format and then travels as digital data back through the USB cable back to the module. Then, in the module it's converted from digital audio to audio sound and is then output out the audio jacks. It may sound "complicated" but the great advantage is simplicity. You have to do is connect the USB cable between them, and in the VST choose the TD11 as your audio device.
                  Wow cool, I'll definitely try it out. Thanks.

And of course, joining the question of gradier, I would like to know that too.

Comment

I bought the TD-11K, here's all my equipment:

Roland TD-11K, Pearl D1000SN, Vic Firth American Classic 5A sticks, Roland RHA7, Pearl Powershifter Eliminator P-2000C, Vic Firth 12'' PAD12D Practice Pad.

Comment

Working...
                    X