Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried the Aquarian OnHead Bass Drum Head yet ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried the Aquarian OnHead Bass Drum Head yet ?

I am looking into changing out my mesh head on my A to E kit as I have always hated the bounce it has to something better, Has anyone tried the new Aquarian Onhead bass drum head ?

Just looking for some feedback before I buy,

Thanks Rick
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Don't know... but I remember reading here a very good review of the Tru-Trac kick trigger plate.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Rick, I will go ahead and tell you the same thing I told kurth:

It may come down to You being our food-taster or water-tester.

(read: we'll throw you in front of the hungry, hungry lions... - Good luck!)

Just kidding!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
        Don't know... but I remember reading here a very good review of the Tru-Trac kick trigger plate.

I was going to go that route but the reviews I read on here where not good... I read a few about how quickly the head material wore out and actually wore right through, I would of rather gone this route but that got me a little shy on going with that, I just need more proof of the longevity of the Pearl and it would be my first choice.

The Aquarian doesn't look as appealing to me as it sticks out flush with the rim of the bass drum and that would mess with the bass pedal how soon it strikes the pad and the set up angle of the foot board and beater ... I don't want to have to completely re set up my pedal for this pad.

Rick

Comment

We had customer who wasn't happy with the performance or feel of it, I would weigh all of your options.
          Stephen | Electronic Drum Center | 888-995-7485

My Kit | Custom Electronic Drum Kit | Bible Scripture Wraps | Hart Dynamics Cymbals | MacBook Pro i7 | Motu 828Mkiii Hybrid | Roland TD-20 (MIDI) | Steven Slate Drums

Comment

Hey Stephen, what do you know about the pearl Tru Trac bass pad ?

Comment

I have not had any problems with pad wear on the Tru-Trac. Don't use a felt better and you wont burn through the rubber. You can also put a flam patch on it if need be.

Comment

I have heard great things about the Tru-Trac Bass Head. They seem sparse if being bought separately or will be a special order.
                Stephen | Electronic Drum Center | 888-995-7485

My Kit | Custom Electronic Drum Kit | Bible Scripture Wraps | Hart Dynamics Cymbals | MacBook Pro i7 | Motu 828Mkiii Hybrid | Roland TD-20 (MIDI) | Steven Slate Drums

Comment

Chris how do you rate the feel of it 1 - 10 close to an acoustic kick drum. man I hate the mesh Bass head so bad LOL

Stephen, what can you do on the pearl bass pad for me ?

Comment

Feel is very subjective so I hate to answer that. In my opinion, I would give it a 9 out of 10. That is just me though, so don't go hatin on me if you buy it and don't like it. I bought mine from RMC

Comment

So my last question is will the Pearl bass trigger pad play well with Roland modules ?

Comment

I would think it would be fine. It triggered the same with my Yamaha and 2box. It is a single zone so any module will work fine with it.

Comment

Ok I think that's what Im going to get then, Its your fault if it doesn't work out Chris !!

Comment

Naw, I aint worried about you. You cant be that big riding a little dinky 125cc YZF I do think you will like it. I had searched high and low for a kick that I liked. I

Comment

Working...
                            X