Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now where do I put it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now where do I put it?

TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

You could try something like a multi-clamp (here'a a pearl one: ​http://www.steveweissmusic.com/produ...9/multi-clamps) to hang it off the rack but you'll want to try it first. I tried using a clamp to hang my TD30 from my hihat stand (on my 'non-rack' setup) but whilst it worked, it didn't give me the flexibility in positioning I wanted.

In the end I ended up finding a (well priced) Roland stand (PDS10) -> http://www.roland.com/products/en/PDS-10/ I now use my clamp to hold my little mixer (which mounts on a microphone stand) to the back of my PDS-10 stand. The combo gives me quick access to both the module and mixer and i can move it around to suit the venue setup.

Attached Files
    Last edited by campster; 02-23-14, 02:47 PM. Reason: formatting update

Roland TD-30KV, Pearl Demon Drive Double Pedal, Pearl H1000 hit hat stand, Shure SE530 IEMs, AKG K171 MKII Headphones, Mackie DLM PA, Yamaha MG102C mixer, Roland Studio Capture

Natal Walnut kit (US Fusion X), Bosphorus Antique 16" Crash & 22" Ride, Bosphorus Gold Series 14" hats.

Comment

Thats an interesting idea -- so the mounting plate on the PDS-10 fits the back of the TD-30? That would be sweet. Thanks!
      TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

I use a cheap cymbal stand to mount my module. Easily placed anywhere, the second clamp fits the mounting tube.
        DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
        Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

I mount my 2box on the kick. No special hardware, just some L sheet metals ...
          electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Originally posted by triggera View Post
            Pictures, please?

Comment

Originally posted by triggera View Post
              Originally posted by jonm42 View Post
              Pictures, please?

Oh definitely!
              Hey Wolfgang: Show us those L-sheets (!!!)

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by jonm42 View Post
                Thats an interesting idea -- so the mounting plate on the PDS-10 fits the back of the TD-30? That would be sweet. Thanks!
                Anyone have any insight on this, please?

Comment

I used the simmons pad support stand for the 30 module, same idea.

I have been known to use a multiclamp too.
                  Mini-kit: TD-9 + Alesis Control Pad + Alesis Sample Pad + PDX-6 snare
                  Micro-kit: Handsonic HPD-20 + an old pair of hands.
                  Speakers: QSC-K10 "thumper", DBR-10 "little thumper"

Comment

I'll give it a shot...

So this here is a Roland mounting plate....

....as you can see in this picture, the little 'stubby' part of the plate can be used to mount a multiclamp to it, so it can be mounted to existing hardware...

...and you can kinda see in this next picture what Perceval described above: With the help of its tilting mechanism clamp, it fits snuggly inside a regular downtube, like the lower base of a cymbal-stand and whatnot:

HTH
                    Last edited by hairmetal-81; 02-26-14, 01:59 PM.

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Forgot about this ... Here they are.
                      There are 2 screws, you just loosen them a bit and then slide the module out.
                      I rarely do that, but anyway, it's handy ...
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.
                      electronic drum triggers >>> | electronic cymbals >>>

Subscribe to our FB page

Comment

Working...
                      X