Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to look for when buying used TD-12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to look for when buying used TD-12

So I am hoping for some help in making a decision about getting a used set. There is a TD-12 available locally for only $500, now from what I have seen across the web that seems just a bit to low a price. I am completely new to drumming and this will be my first set. I just don't know what I should be looking for when checking this set out. Any advice on what to watch for would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to getting started and just don't want to shell out cash for something just to find out I should have known better :-)

The Module Alone goes for way more than that used !! You sure its a TD-12 ??? If it is I would jump on that fast as you can !!
    Roland TD-12 Ludwig A2E 5pc kit, VH-11
    Studio Drummer, Abbey Road 60's 70's 80's, AD2, SSD4, SD3
    Komplete Audio 6, JBL Eon 515XT, Mackie FX12, DAW Studio One 3

Comment

If it's local, go and have a look. Make sure everything works (if it's just the module they've probably got drums you can try it with). There's never any harm in going to look!

Sometimes you can pick up bargains because people don't know how much what they're selling is worth or they want to get rid of it really quickly. It doesn't happen often though.
      Kaiju
      Roland TD-15KV module and cymbals, Gen 16 AE rack, Gen 16 AE cymbals, Diamond Electronic Drums, Tama HP300 single pedal, Lectric Moo, Carmichael throne

Comment

I've owned two TD-12 modules so far. Great module as far as I'm concerned. I purchased both, in near mint condition, from eBay paying around $725 for each. Be sure to check the functionality of the module. Check every input and definitely the LCD screen. Fading or bleeding of the LCD screen is the most common issue I've heard of with this module. Getting a TD-12 module for $500 would be a deal, a whole TD-12 kit for $500 would be a steal. Good luck.
        Roland TD12 module / DIY Kit in progress, Gretsch Blackhawk A (soon to be E) kit.

Comment

I'm new to this as well, the posts above are pretty accurate, if it is a complete kit and it all functions its a steal. I passed on an offer last week for a TD4 for $650 but kit was much rougher then the seller would let on. Test everything!!! I wound up with a TD9 closeout demo for 3x what you are paying here, so far very happy. Good luck!
          Roland TD9KX2G - PD105BK Snare - 4 PD85BK Toms - VH11 - CY13R - CY12C - KD9 - MDS9 Stand

Comment

Working...
          X