Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We want YOUR opinions on new products -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We want YOUR opinions on new products -

Hello Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well! Pintech is working on some new products that I think some of you are going to be pretty excited about. I can't go into too many details at the moment because of some NDA's and things, but I wanted to reach out to see what you think should be something we should look into building.

Different types of pads, cymbals, triggers, etc? Is there something that you've been thinking of, and wished that a company made it? Spill it here, and let's get a conversation going! If the demand is good enough, or if it is something we can make custom for you, then we will do it!

I love getting the community involved in stuff, because that is what it is all about. We serve YOU, and we want to make sure that we are making products that YOU want... Not the other way around.

Thanks again for your continued support - Hopefully we can help you out with whatever it is that you need.

We, Yamaha users, get no love from most.

First on my list, I wish for a company that would offer an A-2-E conversion kit for Yamaha modules. Probably easier said than done.

Or maybe a pad that would offer a cheaper alternative to the very expensive TCS pads.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
      We, Yamaha users, get no love from most.

First on my list, I wish for a company that would offer an A-2-E conversion kit for Yamaha modules. Probably easier said than done.

Or maybe a pad that would offer a cheaper alternative to the very expensive TCS pads.
      We've had VERY good luck with A2E conversions and Yamaha modules??? Tell me your module model number, and I will look into it. We just sold a conversion kit to someone who had a Yamaha DTXpress II, and he loves it.

What are the problems that you've heard or have had?

Comment

You know what I want....

I want a Yammie PCY-10 replacement!

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

• Rhythmos
          Rhythmos commented
          Editing a comment
          +1 for PCY-10 or similar

Yes, 1 zone conversion are available from anyone. Sorry, I should have been more detailed in my post.

I'm talking 2-zone conversions (actually, 3 zones on a Yamaha snare)... Since Yamaha uses Piezo/Switch combination, there are no products on the market (besides Yamaha's own pads) that offer a multi-zone conversion.

My module is in my signature.

Comment

I agree with perceval. Yamaha users needs some love too. Although the newer Yamaha modules have some piezo/piezo inputs but not on the snare if I'm not mistaken, so we can get dualzoned pads to some extension but it's alot of work since we then need to switch the snare and one toms place on every kit on the modules.
          I would also like to see those connectors you put on your vent holes on your acoustic drums for the cables from the triggers sold seperatly. I know you can get them from eBay for a good price but I'd like to see some connector made for that purpose and just pops into place, if you know what I'm sayin'.

Comment

I have the Yamaha issue now on my list. Has anyone in the forums come up with a good solution? I am familiar with the issue, and if I can make something, then I will. I am going to ask the community to help me in any way possible though - The more info that gets sent my direction, the faster this can happen. you can either PM it to me, or email it to me direct.

Thanks!

Comment

• perceval
              perceval commented
              Editing a comment
              I am available for any information, feedback on design, etc ... if needed.
              I would gladly help in any way I can.

A 2-zone pole pad would be nice - if it doesn't infringe the DrumTech patents ...

Comment

The PoleKat/PolePAD is available in limited quantities. You have to talk to Mike Henry. Sorry to hijack Ryan.

A larger china would be on my list...

Comment

I would like 'acoustic sized' drums. 14" snare, 12" rack, 14" and 16" floor, 20" bass, for example.
                They don't have to be as deep shelled, and can be single headed, but as long as they emulate of the physical layout of an acoustic kit is there, you've already made big steps for most players coming to electronics, or using them for practice.
                I've just picked up the large-size Gen16s. Having full sized cymbals is really quite liberating. You play differently. Simple as that.
                I still think Roland's cymbals are the best going.
                I would like to see that functionality in a metal triggered cymbal. I'm not a fan of the coloured Pintechs but if you could get some full-sized metal going, well, that would be cool.
                Really, you're most limited by the module.
                VSTs still sound better, for obvious reasons, but are cumbersome compared to a module (unless you've done your 2Box homework...), but it would be nice to have a TMC-6-style trigger-MIDI-converter with at least 12 piezo-piezo inputs and HHC, so you could bypass a module (and the cost of it) to a computer for VST triggering. One that isn't Megadrum insane.
                So, fo me, it's mainly full-sized mesh head drums (I want to stop calling them pads now!).
                The Concertcast range Pintech do is intriguing, but a little old-school looking. I know casting is expensive, but updates to these could be really cool.

Comment

• hairmetal-81
                  hairmetal-81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That updated TMC-6 might turn to EVE or DITI....

• perceval
                  perceval commented
                  Editing a comment
                  And the old Yamaha RHP "pads" had the looks... too bad they don't make them anymore.

As an acoustic drummer, My MAIN ISSUE with my Td30 system is the trade off for Positional Sensing. Since the Piezo is placed under the center i can not get a natural balanced reaction when playing dead center and around dead center. There is always an unnatural trigging level bump at un expected times.
                Very counter intuitive as far as emulating a behavior of a drum.

So my dream Pad would be a Positional sensing pad where the piezo does not have to be in the center somehow, or some other solution to have a flat linear response when playing center Pad.

Some people call this problem "Hot Spot". Certainly ruins the ability to play really dynamic and moderate levels for me.
                Great for banging hard though... but then who needs all that advanced technology...;-)

Comment

• hairmetal-81
                  hairmetal-81 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Rea, you should investigate on FSR-based pads...
                  They *will* offer positional sensing, but they will have *no* hotspot by design!
                  Last edited by hairmetal-81; 02-16-14, 11:02 AM.

• perceval
                  perceval commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Reflection plate designs do not have a hot spot either, and yet, I think they could accommodate PS also. Never tried it myself as I do not own a Roland module.

Cheers! Ill look into it!

Comment

The Only FSR pads ive found are in the Drum Kat. But not in full kit size pads... anyone knows who makes them?

Comment

Search for onHead , inHead.

Comment

I agree on the cymbals! If you guys could come up with something that feels like the Gen 16's but allows me to trigger accurately from the TD30, I'd kiss you right on the mouth! Actually, hang on. I want you to develop this so maybe I should offer a different incentive...
                      TD50 Digital Pack, TD30 and TD9 Modules, custom made pads, Gen16 crashes, and hats plus a few other things that I'm not sure what to do with or why they're still in my kit. Bands: Espada http://www.musicaespada.com/ and JamCo https://www.facebook.com/JamcoEntertainment, https://www.jamcoband.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X