Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

upgrading TD-11ks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading TD-11ks

So, I'm thinking of upgrading my TD-11ks toms (2 rack, 2 floor) to 4 pdx-100 drum pads. What do you think? Is the best option for the price? And what about an upgrade for the snare? Thanks for the input.
    Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Sounds good to me...!
    How 'bout a PD-125 12-incher for a snare?

HTH

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by gradier View Post
      So, I'm thinking of upgrading my TD-11ks toms (2 rack, 2 floor) to 4 pdx-100 drum pads. What do you think? Is the best option for the price? And what about an upgrade for the snare? Thanks for the input.
      That's pretty much what I did and went with the pd125k snare. I have no regrets and are very happy with them.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      Mimic Pro (Vexed), Diamond Custom 12" Snare, PDX-100 Toms, VH-13, CY-14-t Crashes, CY-14 China & Splash, CY-13R Ride, CY-5 X-Hat, MDS-9v Rack, DW Hardware, Tama Throne

Comment

And is there room on the TD-11ks rack for all those pads?. I see, dabluesman, you have four toms and three cymbals on that kit. Did you use a splitter to add the fourth tom and extra cymbal? I think the TD-11 supports one extra trigger, but you seem to have two.
        Roland TD-11: PD-105 snare, PDX-100 toms (3); CY-13R ride; CY-12 crash (2); KD-9 kick; Iron Cobra HP900 kick pedal; VH-10 hi-hat; Iron Cobra HH605 hi-hat stand; Simmons DA200s monitor; Sony MDR-7520 and Audioquest Nightowl headphones; AD2; VEX Apex, Sync, Icons, Boost, Masters 1-2; Drum-Tec LA Studios, Real Acoustic, Alternate Rock Sound Editions

Comment

I updated my TD-11KV with a PDX-100, PDX-8, Yamaha PCY135 on separate cymbal stand, and retired one PDX-6. I was able to install all pads on the small MDS-4V although I had to set some backwards (connection on my side not away from me). The pad on the far right side is the PDX-6 (in the photo they all look the same size). I used a drum splitter for the high and mid tom which allows me to assign other percussion instruments to the other two tom rims. Probably not the most opportune but it works for me.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by gradier View Post
            And is there room on the TD-11ks rack for all those pads?. I see, dabluesman, you have four toms and three cymbals on that kit. Did you use a splitter to add the fourth tom and extra cymbal? I think the TD-11 supports one extra trigger, but you seem to have two.
            I'm using the TD-15 module (it has two more inputs.) All those pads can fit if you remove the snare mount and then put the snare pad on a snare stand, then use that snare mount to extend the right arm of the rack with a few gibraltar clamps like this:
            Mimic Pro (Vexed), Diamond Custom 12" Snare, PDX-100 Toms, VH-13, CY-14-t Crashes, CY-14 China & Splash, CY-13R Ride, CY-5 X-Hat, MDS-9v Rack, DW Hardware, Tama Throne

Comment

I agree with HM, a 12" as a snare would be neat!
              dabluesman: I love the TD-15 module, it looks like somekind of spaceship and I'm a sucker for sci-fi stuff x)

Comment

Working...
              X