Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drum-Tec Diabolo vs Roland Pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drum-Tec Diabolo vs Roland Pads?

I'm looking to see if anyone out there has done a comparison of Drum-Tec Diabolo pads vs Roland PD128 pads or any other Roland pad for that matter. I've seen some reviews that suggest the Drum-Tecs are every bit as good as Roland but have less of a hot spot issue. Let's not go down the path of HOW to lessen hot spots in this thread, or whether there actually a big deal, etc. That's been addressed elsewhere in the forum.

I know that other pads are also good, such as Hart (no longer in business) and Diamond but I'm most interested in Drum-Tec, as it seems there's less written about them on this forum than these other makes.

I'd really like to know how they perform more or less side-by-side in terms of dyanamics, hot spots, rim shot capability, etc. And, especially, if you have Drum-Tec and don't mind posting pics of the inside of a drum showing the triggers, that's greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    Last edited by jpsquared482; 02-08-14, 02:27 PM.
    Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

I left Roland and migrated to Yamaha due to hotspots. The hotspots aren't bad with the Roland module but when I went to VSTs, they became annoying to me. If you are looking to rid yourself of hotspots, look at the Aquarian on-head/in-head heads. Nothing compares to their FSR technology in my opinion.

Comment

Thanks, csnow. I appreciate the input. I will check them out.

I'm still interested to see if anyone has input about Drum-Tec. They look good to me.
      Pearl Mimic Pro, eDRUMin 10, ATV aDrums, DIY Conversion kit, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

We certainly have! digitalDrummer included the Diabolo and the PD-125 in our snare head2head: http://issuu.com/digitaldrummer/docs...v_2011_low_res
        Depending on your module, the difference between the PD-125 and the 128 is negligible as only the TD30 really makes the most of the trigger tweaks.
        . digitalDrummer
        Review index

Comment

Working...
        X