Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jammit and td-9 to PC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jammit and td-9 to PC question

2 questions, 1 leads to the other. I'm using jammit on my ipad. I have it plugged into my mixin on my td-9 ver. 2 and to the phones on my ipad. I'm trying to record but all I seem to hear is rubber and mesh? Am I doing something wrong? Or do I need to use the PC version. Question 2 as some may remember td-9 has midi in and out. How do I hook it up to a PC. ? Thanks guys. I'm super new to e drums. And have a 10 yr layoff w/ drums in general.

second question first. use a midi to usb cable and connect the midi in and out of the td9 to a usb port on the computer. be careful about which plug you plug into the midi in and the out, some times they are labelled opposite of what you expect. first question...i didnt understand it. Youre using an ipad with the td9, and using an app called jammit? you have a cable going from where to the mix in of the td9, and a second cable going from where to the phones (what phone, i have an ipad and no phone) of the ipad, secondly, are you listening to the ipad or the td9's headphones out?
    TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
    ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
    not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Ok, jammit is an app (&popular computer program) it's mentioned extensively on here and I recommend it. What Jammit does is buy the master tapes to popular songs and if you're a drummer it will erase the drum track, if you play bass it will do the same.. And so on. Now like a lot of folks to jam with your iPod you plug it into mixin. And plug your headphones into the module headphone jack. This way you hear your music from the iPod and the v drums. Now Jammit allows you to record yourself. When I hit record. It records the song and what the ipad mic picks up ( me hitting mesh). Wondering if anyone understands how to record. This

Comment

ok...the ipad mic isnt going to hear the td9's audio, unless you hook the main outs to the audio in of the ipad...which it doesnt have...you cant even record audio through the camera connection kit...alesis sell an io dock for the ipad, it has audio in (through the mic), otherwise you have to connect the td9 to a monitor and record through the air... http://www.alesis.com/iodock for the dock
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

This is very interesting. I will need to look into jammit. I have a pc hooked up to my TD9 using the mix in so I can play along with songs in itunes on the pc or i can use an ipod or iphone as well. I also have the midi to usb cable so I can use drum tutor. I have never tried to record anything though.
          Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

I started using Jammit recently - AWESOME! It blows my mind. You can remove the band and just listen to the actual drum recording over and over in a loop slowed down, along with the transcription going by. Really wonderful. In theory you are suppose to them bring up the rest of band again and mute the drums, and record yourself.

I think Jammit is assuming you are playing a real drumset, so the iPad would pick that up. If you want to record eDrums, I would get the free PC or MAC version, then use the output of the TD9 to feed back into the PC to record. I think that would work, but have not tried it. Give it a shot, the app is a free download and you can play the purchased song on up to 5 devices.
            Yamaha DTX-502 / (3) PCY155 Cymbals / HH65 HH Pedal
            Roland KD-9 Kick / DIY Snare (1 zone with DTX...)

Comment

Working...
            X