Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New ddrum dd5X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ddrum dd5X

Ddrum DD5X, the modules, look like you can imports your own sound via SDcards, Interesting comment at the end, they want to get back to the Digital Stuff, new things are in the pipe, the D stand for Digital! Maybe new modules that imports yours sound like they had before more advanced ;-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYaNwsVEXOw
    Last edited by Chris K; 01-27-14, 01:21 AM.

that snare was "machine gunning" pretty badly....
    Kit looks like a Medeli or Alesis... painted red.

I hope they got something up their sleeves for their new line.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

The module looks like a repainted version of: http://www.thomann.de/gb/millenium_m...drum_modul.htm and the kit looks, as perceval said, like a repainted Alesis kit.
      I hope they come up with something better than this, and according to Wikipedia (I know, I know.) this is their mid-to-pro e-kit so hopefully they announce something a bit... less meh, soon.
      A friend had that Ddrum 4 SE (Is that the correct name?) for, well only a year or so, but I thought it was a very nice kit. Well the cymbal pads could have been a little better and the ones in the video doesn't seem very impressive tbh.
      Last edited by TheYardbird; 01-27-14, 09:17 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post
        that snare was "machine gunning" pretty badly....
        Kit looks like a Medeli or Alesis... painted red.

I hope they got something up their sleeves for their new line.
        I too hope they got something in the future as well, but this isn't really that bad of a kit. According to the Ddrum website, the price is $1399.00. These pads are easy to upgrade to mesh and the set-up isn't bad for triggering VST either. BTW, yes it is a medeli rebrand of the DD518DX. Here's a pic of the two to compare:

Last edited by Hellfire; 01-27-14, 12:34 PM.
        alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

I stopped by the DDrum booth and looked at and played the kit briefly. I recognized it as a rebranded Medeli kit as Hellfire's pics indicate. So to me just another co. putting their Logo on a kit from Hong Kong. Honestly I don't see DDrum regaining their cutting edge Edrum technology unless they find an incredible replacement for Bengt (2Box). As far as DDrum their cutting edge drums from days gone by might as well have been called BDrums ..... B for Bengt ..... at least IMO
          They also have a new Entry level Ekit with some spacey cut-out cymbals:

I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
            I stopped by the DDrum booth and looked at and played the kit briefly. I recognized it as a rebranded Medeli kit as Hellfire's pics indicate. So to me just another co. putting their Logo on a kit from Hong Kong. Honestly I don't see DDrum regaining their cutting edge Edrum technology unless they find an incredible replacement for Bengt (2Box). As far as DDrum their cutting edge drums from days gone by might as well have been called BDrums ..... B for Bengt ..... at least IMO
            They also have a new Entry level Ekit with some spacey cut-out cymbals:
            Ddrum has been busy. It looks like they have quite a few new products, New for 2014:

alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

I don't understand how they could compete with these products. An actual ddrum kit now would be the 2box,as others have said.
              Last edited by Peter Warren; 01-27-14, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellfire View Post

Ddrum has been busy. It looks like they have quite a few new products, New for 2014
                I'm sorry HF, I respect you a lot, but I don't see these products the same way you do.

I'd love to share your enthusiasm, but since when "rebranding" chinese made kits makes a company busy with new products? I seem to recognise a few other modules I have seen on the market here in Taiwan.

They have done nothing to improve the edrum landscape besides offering what other countless companies offer, in different parts of the world: Chinese made cheap kits. The only thing they had to be busy with was deciding which color they would paint it.
                DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
                Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Meh.... Not interested....

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by perceval View Post

I'm sorry HF, I respect you a lot, but I don't see these products the same way you do.

I'd love to share your enthusiasm, but since when "rebranding" chinese made kits makes a company busy with new products? I seem to recognise a few other modules I have seen on the market here in Taiwan.

They have done nothing to improve the edrum landscape besides offering what other countless companies offer, in different parts of the world: Chinese made cheap kits. The only thing they had to be busy with was deciding which color they would paint it.
                    First off, I don't know if I'd call it enthusiasm. I'm not exactly interested in the products themselves. I'm more interested in the fact that more companies are getting involved in the market. That is the big news. And if more are getting in the market, that means the market is growing. What many people don't realize is companies use these rebranded products as stepping stones for more original products down the line (at least that is their intent. I'm thinking KAT and Simmons at the moment). Yes, right now they are nothing special, but they need to build money to put towards R&D to make other products and they need to start somewhere. There is a very large market right now for this entry level stuff, and that is where the money is.
                    alesisDRUMMER.com

Comment

Hopefully this ''swarming'' of new companies to the e-drum market will result in price cuts from the bigger companies in the near future. If a couple of these cheaper brand would step it up and make something that could somewhat compete with Yamaha and Roland's entry/mid-range kits we would most likely see a welcome price cut on things.

Comment

Working...
                      X